• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headlight upgrade?

I upgraded my old Explorer to the Silverstars and they definitely helped. Its not like going to Xenon's, but its better than nothing.

I have heard that if you buy the imitations they can cause problems.

Silverstar Ultras will make a difference, with out any negative effect. The problems are when you start putting in higher watt bulbs, then you get into melted wires, connectors, switches, ect... One other thing is make sure your lenses are clean, and not faded.

I swapped my stock bulbs out in my GMC Sierra for Silverstars and then swapped my high beams for Silverstar Ultras.

I had a burned out bulb when I did the low beams and they were out of the Ultras so I just went with the regular Silverstars at that point. I was so impressed I then did my high beams with the Ultras which are incredible.

Money well spent IMO.

If you do upgrade please.... please for the sake of others coming towards you, have them ALIGNED after installing them! Many times, a headlight adjustment alone will make a huge improvement on your visibility. There are a lot of muttonheads wink out there that put them in just to "look neat" with no regard for the blinding of oncoming traffic. Without aiming them properly, they may well be just as ineffective as the originals.

Silverstar Ultras will make a difference, with out any negative effect. The problems are when you start putting in higher watt bulbs, then you get into melted wires, connectors, switches, ect... One other thing is make sure your lenses are clean, and not faded.

Exactly, they are not higher wattage but still will make a difference. Dont touch the glass putting them in and make sure the connector fits snug.