• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

St. Croix River GTG, Sat, Feb 28th

It sounds like there is enough interest that this will be a go!!!

We will be meeting up around noon, at the access in Bayport for lunch on the ice. It will be good to meet everyone and get a chance to put some faces with the names. About 1:00 or 2:00 or whenever we finish lunch we will head out on the river for some outstanding crappie fishing.

The fishing has been slow but is picking up daily. The size has been nice, averaging 10" - 12". The bite has been starting around 2:00 with a good bite from 3:00 - 6:00.

Maybe an adult beverage after at a local establishment?

Thanks to SteveD for these great directions to the river.

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1765774/Directions_to_Bayport_St_Croix

Latest info can be found on page 5 of this post.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished here tonight. The bite is definetly picking up. Kept 7 nice crappies 10" - 12"

Got a couple spots picked out where we can be away from the crowds and still catch fish. Gotta like that. Don't want to give away anything till the day of the GTG to keep the lurkers away.

Would need someone to bring a grill or two. I have some venison to share. If anyone wants to volunteer something else for the grill, that would be great!

Just to ease everyones mind, the ice conditions and the access are excellent. Over 2' of clear solid ice. For now, ice cleats are a must!!!

Sounds like there is some interest. More info to come.

Don, I marked my calendar. Should be able to make it.

Think you and your family would mind if we went to your new "secret" spot. whistle Would really like to get away from the crowds. smile

My spot would be okay but is closer to a bunch of others.

Think you and your family would mind if we went to your new "secret" spot. whistle Would really like to get away from the crowds. smile

Ash will need to weigh in on that, he guided me and our dad to it.

I don't even have GPS coordinates for it. I look for houses on the bluff, guess how far I was from shore the last time, then drill a ton of holes that span 50-100 yards and hop between them every 10 minutes.

I would like to go but I also have never fished the river in the winter. Is there a spot where I can park a truck and just drag my icehouse out or is the spot to far away to walk? Ice on the river scares me since ive never been on it before..

I finally found it to the right area to post on this. Even the red lettering didn't sway me laugh I hope to get out and meet up with you guys and see what that part of the river has to offer. I have to run it by the camp coordinator first but I believe I may be able to make it out and would like to meet some of the FM folks and put some names and personalities with the monnikers. Must not be a shoot over at Chilakot that weekend since Donbo is coordinating.

Tunrevir~

I would like to go but I also have never fished the river in the winter. Is there a spot where I can park a truck and just drag my icehouse out or is the spot to far away to walk? Ice on the river scares me since ive never been on it before..

Craig, read my second post about half way down page one. Ice conditions, for now, are perfect and with some more really cold weather coming I don't expect it to deteriorate much in the next week. We wouldn't steer you wrong.

You can park at the Bayport Park if you are uncomfortable driving on the ice. I would be more than happy to give you a lift to the meeting spot and of course bring you back.

Ive got a nice 2 zone charcoal brinkmann grill I'll bring along. I'll bring a trash can also. Spicy chicken wings to test out on unsuspecting individuals also.

So, your Brinkman has 2 grills to do lots of stuff at the same time? That would be great. Thanks for the trash can too, great idea.

Anyone want to volunteer to bring some brats and buns. Chips. Treats? (I'm a big brownie fan) Anyone else have a good idea? plan on bringing your own beverages.

I can take care of all the ketchup, spices, paper towels, etc.

Sounds like we have some real interest. Should be a good time.