Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_King48

HD Street Glide or electra glide?

7 posts in this topic

I am thinking about getting a new bike.. What is the difference ?? Also what do you think trade in value for a 06 Road Star Midnight Silverado with less than 5000 miles??

Both Nice Bikes! The Street Glide is basicly an Electra Glide with the tour pack taken off, and a lowering kit on the frame.They are about the same money.

In my opinion, buy the Electra Glide, and get a quick detach tour pack mount. On the long trips the tour pack is well worth having.

As far as trade in goes...better sit down when they tell you. I am looking at trading my '02 Electra Glide Classic in on a new Ultra Classic. They want to buy it by the pound because anything you have is nothing but scrap metal, but thiers are still solid gold.

Good luck, I hope you can make a deal.

I actually got a great deal... I shopped around and didn't let them bully me.. I walked out on one guy and not more than 2 hours later he called me and lowered his price by 1500...... I went with the street glide.... I'm not old enough yet for the tour pack... lol...!!!! Can't wait to pick it up....

Hey Congrats on the new bike. You are going to love it. Now all we need is some decent weather. I love winter sports... but enough is enough already.

Ride safe!

Ya congrats. you will love it. If you dont mind can you tell us what they gave you for trade in and if the bike you bought was below msrp? also the dealer you went to and what you thought of theyre customer service?

I got almost 8000 for the trade in. The final deal: $1000 off MSRP and $1400 off in parts, plus no fee for set-up or freight!! It was the EP dealer ( wild prairie).... I haven't gotten the bike delivered yet, but so far so good.

Hey King, congrats on the new bike! Glad you were able to get the one that you wanted and get a good deal on it as well. Have fun! Maybe we will see ya out on the road this summer, though don't know what part of MN you are from. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   I would definitely get the one with the Pheasant plowing attachment! Beats walking the fields!
    • Never getting rid of my Suburban. Just looking for a new toy for hunting etc. that I can drive down narrow dirt roads up north. Another reason why I would rather buy a slightly used one so I can use it without worrying about putting a few scratches on it. Those side by sides look like fun but you have to haul them around and cant drive them everywhere. And they just aren't built to take what a Jeep can. Always kind of liked the looks of Jeeps and being able to remove the top in the summer is nice to. Would definitely want a hard top to as the soft tops aren't to good for MN winters. I'm sure the newer ones have better heaters than the older ones as I remember back in the day guys were dressed like they were snowmobiling while driving their Jeep. And scraping frost off of the window to see.
    • I went through the same thing. I had ATV's at first then bought an RZR. It was fun but honestly the quality for the price is pretty bad. You can go up to a Can Am but then the price is even worse. So a few years after I sold the RZR I got the itch again but then started looking at the Wranglers and ended up doing that. I bought a 2006 with the 4.0 and after that and buying a used 6.6' plow I was into it for less than 13.5k and can drive it everywhere.   I have the hardtop on mine. I just take it off in the summer and drive it when it's nice. IMHO it's the way to go but you need to watch out for ones that are rusted out. I take the doors off, the top off and drive around sniping gophers, head to the lake or just cruise around. I like the 32" BFG KO tires.     
    •   What's a big guy like you going to do with a little SUV?  Your still keeping the truck to pull that new trailer right?
    • Good luck, have fun and stay topside this time of year.
    • Did you have to sand in between coats of lacquer? I was going to use a pre catalyzed lacquer for a little more durability, but it seems like it would take forever to get in all of the grooves. 
    • Some of the older ones had a 4 cylinder. Think the new ones only have a 6 now.
    • White pine needs bud caps to survive.     DNR had this publication you might find interesting managing_woodland_deer.pdf   Here is another link.... from extension   http://www.myminnesotawoods.umn.edu/2007/04/minnesota-woodlands-and-wildlife-strategies-and-species/   Balsam fir and spruce are good if we ever have another bad winter....
  • Our Sponsors