Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ate1cropy

curado

9 posts in this topic

Maybe im wrong but I thought the curado 200dhsv was a new reel, why did they remake it into the curado E this year? Ive seen a couple place blowing the old 200s out and wanted to know if they were a good reel or not? -thanks

Very nice reel! You can find some really good deals on them right now, definitly worth the investment if you aren't looking to spend 180 on the E's!

They were a very nice reel, I have 2 of them. As a prostaff, and talking to people at sportshows, The biggest complaint people had was weight. Shimano did not sell nearly as many as they thought they were going to. Hence, they went back to the drawing board and came out with the E.

But if you like the old "new" one, get em.. they are a very good real, I myself didnt think they were all that heavy. I used both of mine for carolina rig rods. and they did great.

I have two of the silver 100 series curados and would have to agree. I have never had any issues with these reels.

The biggest complaint people had was weight.

Hee Hee Hee, bass guys thinking their reels are heavy. wink

I've got one of each (gray and green) and they're both "light" in my book. But then again pretty much everything is compared to my Trinidad 16N.

never had one but since they first came out Ive wanted one, never heard bad things about them at all, guess I might break in this year and spend all my pennies n get one...

Hiya -

One word as to why the did a redesign so soon: Revo. At the same price point, the Revo was eating their lunch.

Similar reels in lots of respects, but one major differentiator, as others have pointed out, was weight.

To be clear - this isn't a value judgment at all. The Curado Ds were and are great reels, and at the price some of them are being cleared out at, they're a freaking bargain. Purely a marketing and brand positioning thing. They were getting some competition, and they responded to it. Business is business...whether it's reels, or rockets.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm