• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Things caught ice fishing other than fish?

Bottle Fish

I've caught rocks, litter, clothing, an ice skimmer, and other stuff. My #3 son once caught a six foot length of re-rod fishing below a dam. My brother-in-law hooked onto a 12 foot jon boat. When he tried to get his lure loose, he saw what it was. It was shallow enough that he could tie his anchor rope to it and tow it to shore. I think he still has it hanging on his barn wall.

Originally Posted By: nofishfisherman
I caught a rubber glove once while fishing the Mississippi. It came in inflated with water and had the correct skin color to it, when I first saw it I nearly soiled myself becuase I swore it was a human hand I just reeled in.

I caught a rubber something or another in the mississippi last year. It was also inflated with water, but I didn't mistake it for something it wasn't. grin

I've seen other rubber/latex objects floating around on the river but I always do my best to steer clear of them. eek

I've caught my own rod, after a fish pulled it out of the rod holder and down the hole. I was able to see it from inside the house, so a good 20 minutes of jigging and I was able to tie into it!

Similarly, I (kind of) caught my rod again, the fish took a rod out of the rod holder, down the hole, and then tangled up with two other lines in the house. Reeled up one of them to find the pesky northern, as well as two lines leading down the hole. Pulled one and found out it was the rod that had just fallen in! That was a relief.

Lastly, on Mille Lacs we caught the most intelligent crayfish I've ever seen. The thing (we think) pulled down a couple bobbers, then finally was able to pull down another and we set the hook, catching it by the claw. Once we pulled it up, the thing literally had a collection of about 4 chartreuse hooks in the one claw, and our chartreuse hook in the other claw. He had a whole collection going smile

When I was fishing this summer I found a femur in about 4 feet of water. It was strangely a comparable size to my own leg so I ended up taking it to the local authorities in case it was a human bone. I waited for 45 minutes for a deputy to come in. he took one look at it and said it was a cow bone.