Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawkeye43

4 wheelers or snowmobiles

20 posts in this topic

Yo Hawk. I'm pretty sure that you'll be fine w/a quad. I had mine out in the slop last Thurs and Fri and didnt have any issues. There's been no real snow accumulation since. Im sure its hardened up nicely by now. Email me...

vook

I heard of a possible snow storm mid week your way. Any truth to the rumor from your end?

All I could find is-

... MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL POSSIBLE ALONG WITH BLOWING SNOW WEDNESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS TUESDAY AFTERNOON. THERE REMAINS UNCERTAINTY ON BOTH THE TRACK AND INTENSITY OF THE SYSTEM AS IT LIFTS NORTHEAST TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. HOWEVER... NORTHERLY WINDS DEVELOPING ON WEDNESDAY WILL BRING COLD AIR SOUTH ACROSS LAKE SUPERIOR... RESULTING IN LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS. PLAN ON THESE SNOW SHOWERS TO CONTINUE INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION... BLUSTERY CONDITIONS ARE ALSO EXPECTED WEDNESDAY INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT... RESULTING IN AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. BOTH THE SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW SHOULD GRADUALLY DIMINISH ON THURSDAY AS THE SYSTEM MOVES FARTHER AWAY FROM UPPER MICHIGAN.

But, w/the lake effect, ya never know! frown

Shack,

I heard on the radio this morning that Tonight -Wed we should be getting some snow. Not to alarm anyone, that is a pretty normal forecast for us. I think both wheelers and sleds will be fine, if you have both and need to choose, I would take the sled just to be on the safe side.

We have 1 wheeler with tracks and other with tires, no chains, but they also have a sled. we will bring the sled.

Looks like the latest forcast says 6-12 inches from late tonite (Tues.) until Thursday morning. Friday through Sunday look fine though.

Sounds great vook! smile

Maybe we will see ya on Friday grin

Hawk we have the same weather here in the snowbelt of the UP 6+ months out of the year. It will be a cloudy overcast day with NW winds from 5-15mph, gusting at times. There will be a winter advisory with a %50 chance of snow.

Have a great day in Big Snow Country.

Hardly any snow out of the "storm". I'd say I have maybe 2 inches tops at my house and the sun is tryin to peek out now. Quads will be fine...

Do you think I should put the chains on my wheeler? It is a 650 cat with front diff lock and usually is ok in a foot+ of snow.

I wouldn't put chains on my wheeler... You don't need em this weekend thats for sure. I have a 750 King Quad and they told me NOT to chain the tires becuase of the amount of low end torque...said I'd snap an axle...

There is no need for any atv liscense if you are ONLY running the lake. If you use a "trail" to get to the lake you would need one. So if you trailered right to the lake and go off that way you would not need any liscense/sticker... That info is straight from our recreation officers mouth minutes ago! smile

Cool vook!

Ed, you should be fine. wink

The big thing here is to sit and wait for the fish anyways grin. At least that is what everyone says.

See ya in the AM smile