• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Full Moon-Time of Day

Well obviously it's over now till next month, but my favorite month's full moon did not turn out quite like I had hoped. When the days were approaching I thought it was going to be the best full moon we have had in a few years. We had warm weather for comfortable hunting, clear skies leading up to the full moon days, plenty of snow covering the fields, and fairly low wind speeds for a more than favorable calling set up. everything was looking fine but it was the warm weather that ended up ruining it. Who would of thought we would of been able to complain about rain ruining the moon in feb.? Well back to hunting during daylight hours now, so thats brings up my question, What is everyones favorite time of day to hunt? I generally try to go whenever I can which usually translates into evening hunts, but it seems like there is more activity in the morning. What do ya'll think?

I have found that they move more in the morning than in the late afternoon hours. I don't have any idea why this would be. Either way i still prefer to hunt them at night

There are actual studies that show coyotes are more active from the hours of 10:00 in the morning till 2:00 in the afternoon on full moon periods.

The last full moon, we hunted all day, and see 28 coyotes, and called in 9, it just shows that they are a very unpredictable animal, and hunting all day can be good

Best is to night hunt them, but otherwise mid morning seems to be allright for seeing them. I was out in NDak the febuary moon, and those seem to be out best in the am until 2pm. Shot 5 that week and went back last sat and sunday and got 4 more, with few misses. Might go back for the March moon, we had super wind the night we hunted at night. Did call in a 6pack the only not so windy call, one loner in the hurricane calls.