Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K9Art

Digger!!!

30 posts in this topic

Is it just me or are others annoyed by "digger". I really dont need to watch a cartoon gopher run around. I was not impressed with it last yr and then to have to watch five minutes of him driving a car in his "tunnels" give me a break. Im done now. What does everyone else thing of the "digger" views?

I have to say that the Keith Urban song/video was about as lame as it gets. They must have paid him big bucks to do something that ridiculous.

Well I was sitting there watching the pre-race with my boy and he got a kick out of it. Just think of the kids, we want them to grow up with an interest in the sport, that is one way to draw their attention.

Hunter was laughing his tush off when Digger and Lumpy were running between the Fox trailers.

i dont have a problem with it it gave me a little laugh and in this day and time who cant use a little laughter

i thought my prayers were going to be answered with the first caution. he has his back turned and everything! JK

I have to say that the Keith Urban song/video was about as lame as it gets. They must have paid him big bucks to do something that ridiculous.

And just think, if they had skipped that and started the race an hour earlier, it could have been run all the way to 200 laps before the rain.

DD

Good thinking. And they knew that rain was coming too, as they talked about it yesterday and most of the morning today.

I bet Digger tastes like chicken, we should have a digger feed. Someone get him, I'll look online for recipes...

Annoyed, I am.

After about the 5th time I saw him using a wrench on his camera I started to get really annoyed. Don't get me wrong I like the camera, I mean its OK. But its not that big of a deal FOX, Get over yourselves.

Guys, like I said earlier, Digger isn't for us, Digger is for the kids. NASCAR has to have some way to draw the attention of the youngsters. What little kid cares if Digger is using a wrench on the camera, little boys love to come out in the garage and help dad by banging a wrench on things. I know mine does. He grabs a wrench and tries to take the wheels off his electric four wheeler. Does it work? No, but he sure has fun doing it while I rotate the tires on the car.

I hear ya, I just don't like the OVER exposure. It seems more to me like FOX puffing out thier chest because only they have the "digger" cam.

Can't bring myself to like him either - but I asked the owners of My Team Sports what's up with Digger?

The response was that they can't keep his stuff on the shelves. crazy So he's a hit to some.

They need to get more skits for him though. sleep

All the "COOL" people are wearing Digger and Mountain Dew Shirts. You know its gotta be the same people buying em'

I agree. I thought it was a complete waste of time, but my son got a kick out of it.

That being said...I sure hope they don't ever show it again.

Digger is not for adults..

I dont have children.. but I can imagine a lot of them really enjoy seeing him on the screen and it gets them interested in a sport that I.. as a child growing up in the 80's.. spent a lot of EFFORT enjoying with my father because I knew he liked it.. i can only think of how much easier that would have been if there were a few things thrown in to keep the kids interested.

I dont have children.. but I can imagine a lot of them really enjoy seeing him on the screen and it gets them interested in a sport that I.. as a child growing up in the 80's.. spent a lot of EFFORT enjoying with my father because I knew he liked it.. i can only think of how much easier that would have been if there were a few things thrown in to keep the kids interested.

My daughters (ages 18 and 17) have found a new appreciation for NASCAR in the form of Joey Logano and David Ragan. gringrin

I say they get rid of it, I dont need to see a cartoon gopher jump out of the screen everytime they go to that track cam

ok i can see the child thing, and i think that is great. However, it got to me the darn gopher is a bit slow. the cars would go completly by, then he jumps, and turns to see the cars going by. I know the kids dont notice that, its like watching a movie when the words and lips dont line up.

ok i can see the child thing, and i think that is great. However, it got to me the darn gopher is a bit slow. the cars would go completly by, then he jumps, and turns to see the cars going by. I know the kids dont notice that, its like watching a movie when the words and lips dont line up.

LOL this is very true !

It wouldn't bother me so much if it were 1,2, even 5 times but they show digger about 15-20 times, it gets old.

Lets keep a count this week and see how many times they show digger. I'll try and count anyways.

TNFL ~

Hmmm.... perhaps we have landed on new drinking game during a nascar race.

Id think after a few bottle bass the little fella may just become fun for everyone!

smile

first one to spot him passes out a drink.

Or everyone drinks everytime he's spotted.