Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
country

ice conditions on lake of the woods

4 posts in this topic

any one been up there lately, just wondering how the ice is with all the rain.

well you would get a better reponse on LOW form farther down the page....i was on the lake on friday its gettin better on the west side i still found some DEEP slush holes and water .... springsteel had there road closed but it might be open now it was -10 this morning and below zero again tonight

its a little bit slushy and water on some of the roads.im sure it will stiffin up.zipple bay is making new roads around all the bad spots tring to make these spots freeze up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• It was Trump who made the claim that the RNC was "crooked and rigged", and went on to get the nomination anyway. But it was the DNC and the RNC who made the 15 percent polling rule for third party candidates to enter the debates after Perot made both major party candidates look foolish in the 1992 debates. So obviously, "crooked and rigged" is only a problem for Trump when he perceives it not to be working in his favor.  
    • Yes it will, it's almost impossible to kill horseradish.
    • Haha! Can't find a loss on the schedule.
    • Lots of pressure in the Little Falls area. First time hunting in the area. Most of the "hunters" in the area seemed to subscribe to the show up right at shooting light and set up just up or down river from someone with decoys out, then call wildly and blindly while pass shooting birds. We pulled the plug on our Saturday sit only an hour in when our boat had steel shot hit it the second time.  We did enjoy ourselves though spending the rest of Saturday snooping around a hard to get to public slough. Then Sunday  we worked a 12-mile stretch of river and scouted up some new water for future hunting.  Lots of fun, can't wait to see how the rest of the season turns out. 
    • If I choose not to dig the horseradish, will it keep growing next year? 
    • That's funny, I was just looking at airplane tickets..... 
    • It could be said that Trump is actually a third party candidate, who is taking on the two establishment parties one at a time rather than both at once like Gary Johnson.      Sort of like a fight against two opponents.   Take out one first then fight the other.   Trump was pretty clearly not a part of the Republican Party establishment when he declared his candidacy.   He was opposed by all of the other candidates as well as the Party apparatus.    But now they have lost and are faced with losing their influence if they don't support the nominee.   Gary Johnson, on the other hand, chose to go the traditional third party route and take on the whole establishment at the same time, an endeavor that is doomed.  Even Ross Perot or Ralph Nader couldn't pull it off.   It was Trump who had the the insight to realize that he could inject himself into the cluster thing that was the Republican nominating process and with his money, media savvy, and recognition get the nomination.  That's how it has to be done these days.   And it may have been a unique opportunity.    Next time the Republicans will probably change their process to be rigged like the Dems did after the McGovern debacle, especially if Trump loses.    
    • that one got by me.  Missed the metasarcasm.
    • I have a couple of spots where scrapes are opened up every year by opening weekend bow in mid Sept, they aren't easy to find but they are out there.
    • I think it might would have worked better if that tree in the picture would have not fallen in front of the rub.   also I had a fair amount  of does and fawns check it and lick it. 
  • Our Sponsors