Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WallyGader

Time on the Lake

24 posts in this topic

I was curious to see how much time everyone spends on the hard water every week. How many days a week, and how many hours at a time (on average). Also, how far do you have to drive to get to your favorite lake, or lakes you typically fish.

I am limited to 1 day a week, averaging around 4 hours. I only have to drive 10 min to the lakes though.

I'm on the ice 2to3 days week and about 10to15 hours a day. Buck killer on the other hand is out 5 to 7 days a weeks and 12 to 24 hours a day or more it just depends on how he feels.

I only get holidays and weekends, so far counts 20 days on avg 10 hours a day. Heading out here shortly for trip 21.

1 day a week at a 5-6 hour average. 6-15 minutes travel time depending on the lake.

I'm a pipelayer and get laid off every winter. 6-7 days a week on the ice, 4-24 hours a day. Nearest lake (Balsam) is 1 mile away, with another 15 fishable lakes within ten miles!

I might be a little spoiled smile My fiance thinks I'm going to start growing fins and gills!!

I probably average about once per week. I would fish more, but I have a wife, kids in activities, etc, etc. It takes me an average of 30 minutes to get to most fishable lakes in my area. I try to fish for 6 -8 hours or more if the schedule allows. Sometimes it's just me. Sometimes the kids are along. And if I can arrange it with my goofy schedule I occasionally can hook up with a buddy. In a perfect world I could probably fish every day...

~piker

I have a seasonal business spring through fall so when winter comes it's play time. Snowmobiling and ice fishing is what I love to do. I live on a lake so I'm out probably every other day on average. Plus I take the portable out to different area lakes about twice per week.

I get out about twice per week, for about 6 - 8 hours per trip. I live less than 1 mile from Minnetonka, so my travel time is only a few minutes.

Usually 2 or 3 times a week, 3 to 6 hours each time and anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes traveling time. I work 4 days on and 4 days off so I get to hit lakes on week days and avoid the crowds.

3-5 times a week, usually 5-6 hrs on weekdays and 10-12 on week ends. 43 trips so far this year to 17 differnt lakes.

I am limited to 1 day a week, averaging around 4 hours. I only have to drive 10 min to the lakes though.

That pretty much sums up my ice time as well. Some days I get more time though.

depends on the work schedule some weeks its no fishing other weeks it 4-6 days on the ice with 4-12 hrs just depends

Average 5 days a week with hours ranging from 1 to 24 hours. 220 mile drive to my perm and have gone to low once and mille lacs twice this year. Probably another 15 to 20 lakes within an hour drive.

Usally 3-5 times a week and usally the bite dictates how long I stay on a lake, but usally 3 plus hrs. I am forunate that I live only 5 minutes from the Horseshoe chain of lakes IMO the best Multi species fishery in the state.

i try to get out there a couple times a week. usually for 4+ hours i try to go where the fish are, i live by quite a few different lake so i just stop and talk to the guy at the local bait shop. or if i go with my uncle (who i go alot with) i just go where ever he wants to go hes a pro wink

once or twice every other week doing about 3-5 hours each time....i wish i could fish more

I try to get out everyday, but work and school won't let that happen. A good week I hit the lake at least 6 times, usually in the afternoon after school and then maybe again once the sun's down and I have some food in me. I'm usually only out for 2-3 hours, but a solid 10 hour stretch isn't uncommon on the weekends. I only live about 15 minutes from Minnetonka, so its not really a big deal for me to take a trip out there.

24/7 isnt enough time on the ice for me! Now that I'm laid off, a few times a week for me, at least 6 hours each time. I dont like to go for just a couple hours,the longer the better.

This year has been more. I've been out of work since October, so I've been able to get out 2-3 times a week for 4-5 hours per trip.

Last year I only made it out 6 times the whole season, and the year before that was at least once a week for a 10-12 hour trip.

It all depends on my job and client situation.

SO far I've fished 40/47 days this year, the hours vary, I sleep in my wheel house a lot so it's been good.

3-4 days per week. Generally spend 3-6 hours total travel time and 9-12 hours hitting the lakes. Gets to be long days, but ya cant be it!