• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What the dog ate now?

FCspringer

In reading the topic of what the dogs ate, I will add I have had dogs eat bottle caps and tv remote Battery's. I got a tip from the vet at the U to use Hydrogen paroxide in small amounts right away after you see them eat somthing they were not supposed to and could be harmfull. They will vommit the stuff up in most cases right away.I know of guy's that had dogs eat rat poison too and this worked to get allot of it out in time to have a vet check the dog, However I have done this but am not going to tell anyone to do so or how much to use, but you can check with a vet and they should be able to give you a good opinion on how much paroxide for which breed to use.Yes they do eat some pretty strange things. Some definately make you laugh and some scare the heck out a ya.

I've used a 50/50 water & peroxide mix to get my dog to throw up a bunch of cough drops and wrappers and it worked great. The key is to do this as soon as possible after ingestion.

However, I would assume with poisons and things along those lines you might not want to use this method. I would always contact a vet first, but many bottles with harsh chemicals say "if ingested, DO NOT induce vommiting".

Ask your vet. It does have a # on some brand bottles you can call too and the help desk does answer some of this stuff. I just don't want to be the person doing any recomendations on what to do for the well being of someones dog. But the U gave the guy I know the paroxide treatment right away for his spaniel eating rat poison and a few weeks later he had the now healthy dog at a National field trial and the darn dog ate a plastic bag and he had to do it there too, It worked and he finished all 5 series of the trial, So check with the vet or call the U and ask them to get your own advice from a pro.It can be usefull is all I can say.