Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PmDavis300

just bought a savage model 110 30-06

20 posts in this topic

whats you opinion on this gun? i love the looks of it, cant wait to shoot it. its the left handed version, picked it up at ff.

Ooh a lefty! I have always wanted something that would actually work for me. Im running semiautos right now because the bolts are so slow for me. Let me know how it works for ya!

One of the best values in a rifle on the market. No question. Very good barrels, and a trigger that is nearly impossible to beat in a stock rifle.

Enjoy.

Got one in a 270win from a deal my dad and brother came across a few years back for one of my kids. Was a bit unsure about the gun but for the price couldn't turn it down.

Didn't shoot it for years till my second of 5 kids started deer hunting last year. Took it out to the range with an old cheap scope I mounted on it myself. Don't like cheap scopes but it was an old one from an old gun of my dads so gave it a go. And I'll be darned that gun shoots straight. Thing that really ticks me off about it vs the other guns is it doesn't seem to be to finicky about what ammo I shoot through it. Groupings where good with any thing I shot through it. Wish I could say that about my rifle. She only seems to like Horandy 150gr bullets.

Picked up the same "lefty" 110 about 1.5 years ago and love it. I think you'll grow very fond of that rifle.

I've always been a proponent of Savage rifles. Years ago they were scuffed at because of the plain jane stocks and thought of as cheap stuff. Well, lemme tell ya, they are a great gun for a great price and they are American made. Don't get offended but, I'd pick up one over any of those overly priced foreign made ones. I'm sure you are gonna like it.

first gun was a 110 in 243. then i bought a 111 in 270. between my dad, brother and i we got 4 of em. and have nothing but good to say about em. they shoot straight, a beating and keep shooting straight.

I bought a brand new model 110 30-06 in 1998 and it has done very well for me. Each hunting season when it goes in to be sighted, it is where it was the year before and continues to have a consistent pattern. It has been well worth the 300 bucks I paid for it back in high school.

I have one in a 30.06. Nothing wrong with the rifle but I don't use it much. As stated above, they do have a cheaper looking finish but the gun does shot deer.

I would use it more but I seem to use the 270, 7mm and the 300 more times than not.

I bought a savage 111 in '98 as well in .300 Win Mag and a few days later I picked up a Rem 700 Bdl. Same calibur. I just like the .300 Win but it is nothing but a slightly swifter 30-06. The fit and finish on the Remington 700 bdl is way better but the Savage shoots way better. The Savage cost about $500 Canadian at the time and I put a $650 Leopold scope on it. It'll shoot better than I can. Both guns have killed a fair number of moose but all my buddies always want to borrow my Savage.

so the rifle says 30-06 sprg. is that springfield? how do i know if i have the right ammo. ive never bought 30-06 ammo before

the 30-.06 was brought out in 1906 by Springfield, as a 30 caliber, hence, 30-.06. That's why you see the .243 refered to as the Winchester 243, Norma 308 Mag, .243 Ackerly Improved, WBY Mags, etc. Any name brand factory loads in thier respective calibers.

30-06 was adopted by the US Army in 1906 and it was produced in the Springfield Armoury. It had several years of R&D prior to that. The .30.30 was produced much earlier in that it was 30 calibure with the equivilant of 30 grains of black powder. .30.30 was one of the very first cartidges to use smokeless powder. The 30-06 was the standard battle cartridge of the US Army until 1957. The .303 Brit was the most popular battle cartridge in the world until the AK-47 came along.