Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reid G

Carrot stix?

20 posts in this topic

Very nice rods. Super lite, good actions,etc. I have 2 gold series' coming. I will let you know what I think.

Got a text tonight that Cabela's got the Golds in and on the racks today. So check um out.

I just got the regular one, not the gold. 7' 3" MH casting. Feels very nice, put an STX on it.

olski, do you know which ones they got? I wouldn't mind taking a look at them one of these days.

Some casting from 6'6" med to 7'8" MH, and spinning from 6'6" med to 7'0" med 5-6 of both. Checked them out today, very nice on the casting rods, not sure about the "no handle on the spinning."

I will have to go and look at them as well. I seen them at a show last year but didn't play around with them to much.

Yesterday I picked up a 7'6" heavy classic carrot stick and I must say for as much as I can do with it right now this feels like a VERY nice rod. Super light for a 7'6" rod and great action looking forward to using it in Fl. in a couple weeks.

I want to look at that extra heavy 8'er they have for a flipping stick. Olski, maybe I'll swing in this weekend to take a look at them.

I bought the girlfriend the 7'8" heavy gold with the "new" quantium catalist (because they matched and i figured she would appreciate that). My thought is that it is a light weight combo the reel is small and will fit well in her hand and it will be something she will like to fish with. the combo feels great, i wish i had one. Oh well maybe next year. Jonah

Olski- you just had to mention the Florida trip. Rub it in why don't ya!!
After the thrashing I took last weekend in fantasy fishing I have to do what I can to make me feel good and you and yours feel bad. HAHA

Does anyone have any negative reviews of these rods? I've got a 6'10" mh casting gold on the way and hear they have good customer service and lifetime warranty. Can I go wrong? Unless I find a job I'll probably just put a citica on it. Any problems with the reel seat or guides?