Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMF89

Mr. BigBuddy in a Claim Guide

15 posts in this topic

How hot would one of these bad boys get my portable Fishtrap Guide? Would I even need bibs/a jacket? lol

Depends on the weather!

I use a Buddy in my Guide and only get cold when its really chilly/windy out. The rest of the time its fine. I would bet you will only have to have it on low. Maybe higher if you want to dress lighter, but I doubt it.

I use a little buddy in my guide up here in ND. Fished many days in -10. If you keep your edges sealed well it gets very comfortable in the house.

I have the big buddy in my guide. I very rarely put it on high. Usually only to get the initial "thaw" when I first set it up. The built in fan also seems to help quite a bit. The big buddy will definitely keep you warm even on the coldest days.

Big buddy and Guide for me too. I have used the high setting once. I like having the fan too, kinda cool.

That would be a great combo. I would rather have too much heat than not enough of course. You can always open the door or vents.

I have an Otter Small Den and with a Big Buddy on high it will cook me out. I was out for trout opener and I thik it was -20 or -30 and it still was too hot on high.

We use a little buddy in our guide. Plenty of heat there for most people in even the coldest. I have 3 little buddys and love them, but I would not be apposed to using a big buddy either.

I use the big buddy and the little buddy, being a full time guide it is necessary to keep your clients comfortable, I testify there is none better as Ive tried them all, hats off to big buddy, couldnt survive without them.

I have an otter cabin. If the sun is shining, the buddy on low will keep me plenty warm. Witout the sun, at temperatures below 20 the buddy does not keep me as warm as I would like even on high (which is a temp that allows me to take my coat off). At that point I switch to my mr heater cooker which keeps me warm in any temerature I have ever fished. I carry them both, love them both depending on the situation.

A little buddy is all you need. I bought a guide this weekend and got a little buddy and it is plenty warm. Fished without a coat on most of the night.

Using my BidBuddy heater, I can fish in my Eskimo lodge wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. I still wear the pac boots so my feet don't get cold, but the heater on low will keep me toasty warm.

I have a big buddy for my Voyager and it keeps it toasty as long as it stays lit. On windy days I have a heck of a time keeping the pilot lit. I don't bank cause I like to move around. The drafts blow the light out on windy days. I went back to the sunflower as they stay lit no matter what and it makes my life so much easier!

I have the Big Buddy and use it in my Guide, and it is perfect. Fits nicely between the seats in the back of the sled & I just run the propane bottle (I use the hose/20 lb bottle setup) out the back zippered door. Works great! I have a regular Buddy as well, but it just never put out enough heat for me unless it was above 20 with no wind.