• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Maintenance schedule

HNTNBUX

I have a 2004 Yahmaha 75hp four stroke that has run flawlessly since new. I have not brought it in for service yet but have done my own oil and lower unit grease changes, etc. How many of you bring in your motors for the lifter adjustments and the other scheduled maintenance?

I have a 1999 Yamaha F100 and I have had the dealer tune it up one time and clean the carbs one time. The tune up I probably could have done myself but I had them change the impeller also. The said it didn't need changing since they use softer rubber but I felt after 7 years it was due to be changed. I asked about adjusting the valve clearance (or whatever it says in the manual) and they said they didn't need it.

Interested also in whether the valve clearances should be adjusted per maintenance schedule in manual. I have an 08 Yam F75.

My dealer mentioned not to use Sea Foam in the Yamaha. Sad thing is I don't remember why. In the past I have run it a few times per season through all of my gas powered motors. He recommended another product for EFI 4 strokes, but again my memory fails me. It was not something that I'd heard of before.

solbes- What dealer told you not to use sea-foam.

My sales rep from Nelson in WBL. I had heard of ring free, that wasn't it. I just wish I could remember the product he recommended. Any of the experts here see any reason why I shouldn't use Sea Foam in an '08 EFI Yam?

Solbes-- Like I said I don't have 4 stroke. I know Nelson's been selling yamahas for a long time. Yam's in the mid to late 80's they had problem with carbon build-up and would bow a cylinder. When I bought my first yamaha I got it at Hanneys the guy told me to use seafoam once in a while. I used it every engine I have sent then.

So I would call Nelsons and see why you can't use it.