Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mdhmdh

older polaris

Recommended Posts

I bought my first sled this year. An old polaris for ice fishing and noticed that the sway bar slide was missing on one side. Replaced the slide but there is too much play in the bar and it will still come out of the slide. Anyone have any ideas, I've already tightened the suspension arms and it doesn't seem to get rid of the extra play?

Thanks in advance-

mdh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huum, wonder if someone hit a tree or something and bent one side of your front end over a bit on one side? Measure all the arms, skis, from side to side to see if everything is even and squire? Sounds like one side maybe out of wack! frown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the bushing that the sway bar goes through, is riveted to the side of the bulk head, they will get sloppy or get broken and need to be replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the bushing that the sway bar goes through, is riveted to the side of the bulk head, they will get sloppy or get broken and need to be replaced.

This would be my guess. I have had to replace a few of them. Kind of a PITA removing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies. I've never done much work on these so you'll have to bear with me, is the bushing you are talking about the harder plastic piece that is riveted to the belly pan that looks similar to the protective boot for the steering linkage? If so, it is cracked and is a bit loose around the bar. Sounds like I need a pro (not me) to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, that's it. Not sure what year sled you have but on the 99 Indy I had it was riveted on with 3 rivets. I have done a couple of them. It was pain to drill out the rivets but after that it's fairly easy to replace if I remember correctly. The part itself is pretty cheap. You will need a good bit to drill out the rivets if you do it yourself. Just be careful when riveting it back in you don't crack the new one. I did that once also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just turn the gas off and tip the sled on its side seems to work the best. Unbolt the 2 suspension rods, the steering linkage and the bottom bolt for the shock, that will give you more room to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • I shoot 2 steel all season long in an improved cyclinder choke . Satisfied with that. Have a buddy who shoots Black Cloud 3's with impressive results.
    • I stopped at Lowes yesterday and got restocked at 9.88 per 18.6 lb double pack. No limit indicated.  
    • I will have to find some more, cause we ate all of them! They were all connected on the bottom as they are supposed to be. I haven't seen a half-free or a Verpa yet this year and I have only seen a couple of Devil's urn's. The popple fuzz was covering everything this morning so they were a little difficult for me to see. Hopefully we get a shot of water with the lightning over night.
    • Good job!  I have never found any Blacks so they look a little different.  Can you take a picture of what they look like cut in half? They look a little scary like False Morel's 
    • I picked for about 2 hours this morning. I'm not exactly haw many I got but its enough for a couple meals. I'm going to chop some of these up and mix with some cream cheese, feta cheese and garlic chives and then stuff some chicken breasts and cook them on the grill. The little bit of rain that we got last week helped the shrooms pop but it really didn't do much else for the woods besides help the mosquito's hatch. There were so many they licked the bug spray off first then swarmed. I found the mushrooms all over, North, South, East and West facing hills. Normally spot 1 has the best results but this trip it was my second spot. All of them had pretty good size too. Only a few that were in direct sunlight were dried up otherwise they are very firm. Spot 1 is the left container. Don't worry, I use a mesh bag while I'm out in the woods!
    • Yup.... 6 & 4 for Lead.... 4 & 2 for steel
    • I ended up framing my house, putting on the T&G , and then spray foaming back against the interior, which may be why I am not seeing any movement... I also used pine vs cedar
    • I agree with the guy who agreed with the other guy.
    • Just wait till they come up with the remote submarine drone with 3d high resolution camera that can see through algae and milfoil and transmit to your eyewear in 3d.   I struggle with properly tying a berkley knot......
    • I agree with rundrave. #4 early and #2 shot later in year