• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

older polaris

mdhmdh

I bought my first sled this year. An old polaris for ice fishing and noticed that the sway bar slide was missing on one side. Replaced the slide but there is too much play in the bar and it will still come out of the slide. Anyone have any ideas, I've already tightened the suspension arms and it doesn't seem to get rid of the extra play?

Thanks in advance-

mdh

Huum, wonder if someone hit a tree or something and bent one side of your front end over a bit on one side? Measure all the arms, skis, from side to side to see if everything is even and squire? Sounds like one side maybe out of wack! frown

Check the bushing that the sway bar goes through, is riveted to the side of the bulk head, they will get sloppy or get broken and need to be replaced.

This would be my guess. I have had to replace a few of them. Kind of a PITA removing them.

Thanks for the replies. I've never done much work on these so you'll have to bear with me, is the bushing you are talking about the harder plastic piece that is riveted to the belly pan that looks similar to the protective boot for the steering linkage? If so, it is cracked and is a bit loose around the bar. Sounds like I need a pro (not me) to fix it?

Yep, that's it. Not sure what year sled you have but on the 99 Indy I had it was riveted on with 3 rivets. I have done a couple of them. It was pain to drill out the rivets but after that it's fairly easy to replace if I remember correctly. The part itself is pretty cheap. You will need a good bit to drill out the rivets if you do it yourself. Just be careful when riveting it back in you don't crack the new one. I did that once also.