• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No to Vick

Randyjr.

I've been waiting for someone to post this; It will eventually start, so why not now. Falcons want to trade Vick. I say no way. Washed up? Never was accurate to begin with? Detroit could use him though. Who else do you think will be interested in taking a chance on Vick?

I'd take my 5 and a half year old over both-

In all seriousness, why would any NFL team trade for him??? Who knows when he will get out of that Leavenworth, Kansas prison, and then who knows what kind of a suspension the NFL will put on him? I know if I were Godell a lifetime ban would seem very suitable. Giving up players or picks in a trade for someone that has a questionable future seems very unwise. For every 1 good play he makes, he makes 20 bad ones.

Vick would be perfect for the Vikes. The vikings love negative media attention. The Whizanator, the love boat, scalping of super bowl tickets, Moss fighting with the cops, etc.............

Just kidding MN fans, I love to throw those jabs out though.

I don't know if they love the media attention so much, but Vick would fit right into the never ending car wreck called the Minnesota Vikings.

I think it'd be great for the Vikes to sign him for next to nothing. It'd rank right up there with all the rest of the stupid things they've done over the years....and it's a long list!

Vick would be perfect for the Vikes. The vikings love negative media attention. The Whizanator, the love boat, scalping of super bowl tickets, Moss fighting with the cops, etc.............

Just kidding MN fans, I love to throw those jabs out though.

Ever heard of Mark Chmura?? Yeah the Packers are just perfect citizens. He got off, but then- never played again. Doesn't ring innocence does it? Brett Favre and his favorite pills, with a name that sounds alot like his FAVORITE team. We are talking pro athletes, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any pro franchise without a few skeletons in their closets.

When you think about it. All Vick did was raise dogs for fighting. Pit Bulls to be exact. I dont know about you, but I for one wouldnt shed a tear if the species was eliminated from the face of the earth forever right now!

Think of all the woman beaters, people involved in murders, rapists, and just downright thugs that are playing in all pro-sports right now and no one gives them a second thought.

Hows the press coverage on Kobe Bryant these days?

I hear nothing but, "MVP" and "ONe of the greatest EVER!"

Yet, you have Mike Vick. Granted what he did was illegal and cruel..but in the scheme of things, how bad is it? I mean, these dogs were his property and he was doing something that was a very big part of black culture in the south. Just as bullfighting is a part of Spanish and Mexican culture. And like rodeos are a part of rural western culture.

I think that American society has been brainwashed and manipulated by the media to put more value on animal life that human life. For instance, when people get killed in the movies or you hear about it in the news...no one cares...When a dog is killed in the movies or a video of dogs being killed or hurt is on the news, people get overly emotional and outraged. Its all a part of PETAs bigger plans!

My point is... YES what MICHAEL VICK DID WAS BAD AND ILLEGAL. NO ARGUEMENT about that.

I just think that he was unfairly punished for his crime in relation to other crimes. Isnt is sad when a dog fighter gets more time than a first time sex offender? I think thats shows whats wrong with the American justice system.

I also think Vick has done his time and deserves a second chance. But thats just my opinion.

Well he is a 3x probowler

Yeah, hes not the best ever, but he still is good enough to start in the NFL right now. Theres alot of worse starters out there than him...assuming hes about the same calibur as before prison.

Not making light of whatever anyone else did but, he abused animals in a very cruel manner and should sit in jail for a long time.

The black culture thing is a vaque at best. Lets all be honest, he did it for the money as the the dog fighters do. How much can I make no matter what I do to a animal.

He is nothing but a animal himself for what he did.

We should place him in a cage with a pitbull and see who wins as long as its not that big of a deal.

It's not the pitbulls fault they are what they are or what they are used for as the human race has bread them to do this.

He is serving his time for the crime he commited. Guys like Vick are the real animals and not the dogs.

Vick makes me sick.

i agree with the majority here that it would be bad news to get vick....

BUT.....

just think about the possibilities he could have for the vikings... when we drafted t jack, what was it that everybody called him? basically a slower, worse version of mike vick... wouldn't it be better to have to faster and better mike vick?

think of the possibilities when we would line up in the I formation, have vick fake a handoff to A.P., A.P. runs to the left, attracting almost everybody on the defense, and then vick rolls out to the right in a bootleg... or line up in the shotgun with A.P. to the left and chester taylor to the right...

the possibilities are endless... i think the bigger picture here is the vikes need to get a new QB, whether it be by draft, trade, or free agency.. i think its clear that we are going no where with TJACK as our QB... we have too much great talent on our team to go with a mediocre QB and slash our potential to be great down to nothing...

i agree with everyone that vick shouldnt play in the NFL again basically, but as a sports fan, i can only dream of the possibilities and potential a guy with his capabilities could bring to a team like the MN vikes...

let the trashing begin.......

people that kill and torture dogs or any animals should be tortured themselves...they killed and tortured the dogs because they wouldn't kill other dogs but keep and cherish the ones that are straight killing machines.

i know plenty of people that own dogs that have a "bad rap" because of their breed and they are just as nice as the next door lab or retriever...its how they are raised and the bloodline used in the breeding which isn't good when the dog fighters choose their breeders by how ficious they are and how well they can kill...they just torture or kill the ones that don't have the killer instinct.

just because our justice system is messed up doesn't mean he was treated unfair for his actions.

i hope no one wants him and he ends up broke on the streets.

if the vikes ever signed him i would never watch a single game or buy merchindise...i'd hope the zigmeister is smart enough not to get him in here...it would go against everything he's trying to accomplish around here.

Vick hung and drowned dogs, report says

Suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick used family pets as “bait dogs” to train his pit bulls, and he took part in hanging three fighting dogs who did not perform well, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report.

The 17-page report, released Friday, provided new details on Vick’s participation in Bad Newz Kennels — including the revelation that pet dogs were used for training purposes, according to an ESPN report.

“Vick, (Purnell) Peace and (Quanis) Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs,” the report by the USDA’s inspector general-investigations division says.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence in a minimum-security federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., on a conspiracy charge relating to the interstate dogfighting operation he helped run on a property he owned in Surry County, Va. He is scheduled to be released on July 20, 2009.

He still faces two state charges — one count of torturing and killing dogs and one count of promoting dogfighting. Each carries a five-year maximum prison term. He is expected to plead guilty to those at a hearing Tuesday in Surry County Circuit Court and, under the terms of his plea agreement, and will receive a three-year suspended prison term and a $2,500 fine (which would be suspended if he pays court costs and maintains good behavior for four years).

By resolving the pending state charges, Vick would qualify to be moved to a halfway house to serve out the remainder of his sentence.

The new USDA report says that, in mid-April, 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung three dogs who did not perform well “by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs’ heads in a five gallon bucket of water.”

Vick initially told authorities “while he assisted Phillips and Peace in the killing of the dogs, he did not actually kill the dogs.”

Vick, the report says, paid someone $100 to dig two graves for the dog carcasses. “Based on past circumstances,” the report says, “Phillips and Peace did not like [Vick] to do any type of work that could injure him and jeopardize his NFL contract.”