• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New shimano

TonkaBass

Well, I did it. Just bought a new curado 201E7. What a reel. I can't wait to use it, now I just have to figure out what rod to get... I almost bought that 7'9" Heavy fast action mojo bass, some think it's too heavy, but I liked it as a deep water flipping stick. I don't need another flipping stick though. I think I'm goona go with either another 7' MH or like a 7'2" or a 7'3" MH. Just got the spring fever early I guess.

Tonka, I have the 7-3 MH Legend Tournament that I use for texas rigged baits like beavers and tubes. Not flippin, but weedline stuff. Only thing I wish is that it wasn't telescopic. Would make a great finnesse jig rod too.

I own and fish with the above mentioned legend tournaments as well as a few st croix avids. I actually prefer the cheaper avids over the tournament series.

I'm still using the "old" green curados and am going to have to start updating reels soon. How would you rate the new E series compared to the originals?

i think I am in the same boat as others if I say I would still buy the old green curados if they were available still new in the box. This new reel is clearly better than the old ones, but I haven't given it the torture test yet, but if it's like any other shimano products, I'm not too concerned. One small feature I like about the reel is the big fat handle they put on it!

I just like the feel of a one piece rod better. They are less weight and have more sensitivity. Doesn't matter how high end the rod is, you will lose some feeling when it is being transferred between 2 pieces of graphite rather than one.

Yep! Same reason why I am having my new 7-6 custom made. St Croix makes a 7-6 MHM one piece in popular models, but not a 7-6 MHF. For that I need to get a Legend Saltwater blank and am getting it built with split grip handle. I only have one telescopic rod, and I wish that one wasn't.

Hiya -

Tonkabass - Green Curados are newfangled to me - I'm still using some Lews Speed Spools and Chronarch As, and I will NOT give up my Scorpions smile (That having been said, the new Curado is a pretty awesome reel...).

I've never minded telescoping rods. I have some of each, and going from a solid blank to telescoping isn't a big deal to me.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I don't mind a telescopic rod for some power fishing heavy jigs, but I was looking at the 7'3" mh telescopic split grip legend tournament, and have no idea what they were thinking when they made this rod telescopic. I didn't like it at all... guess I need to keep searching. I cant seem to find a good selection of Cumaras anywhere, so maybe I'll just wait and see.