• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carbs. need to be rebuilt, where should I go?

FLJim

I have a 1991 40 hp evinrude tiller and I need the carbs rebuilt.I live in the north metro so if I can find a place up in this area that would be great.However I want it done correctly the first time,so if it means driving a little distance it would be worth it.Any recomondations on where to go and a ball park figure on how much I can expect to pay? Thanks in advance!!

there is a guy in maple grove on eagle lake he is great but I do not know his winter hours I think he fishes alot.I am sure others will back me up on his work.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

There is not much to them. I needed them rebuilt on my 1999 50 hp Merc. 3 cylinder so 3 carbs. Well I did it myself and can't believe how easy it was. Just do one at a time and you can't go wrong. I just took them apart and cleaned them with carb cleaner and blew the ports out with air. Did not even need any parts, but you might. Then it still idled rough so I got a kit for my fuel pump. It was also a simple fix and that was most of my problem. Runs great now and I saved a lot of money.

There is a boat repair bus next to the freeway )94 west) in Albertville, I have had them do a few things for me and was impressed with the quality and price, in fact I brought something in, a problem and they told me to fix it myself, very easy to do and they ordered the parts, took me 5 minutes to fix so I saved alot on labor, nice people to work with

Robbinsdale Marine does a great job. It's a tiny shop that does all kinds of small motor repair. They'll even work on motors back to the 50s I believe (which is kind of rare). I've had them do work on my '63 Johnson, my '72 Johnson, and my '79 Evinrude and have felt that they are honest, fast, and do a good job for a good price.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

Thanks for all the input! I have heard good things about Hannay's Marine. I think I'll bring my boat in there to have it serviced. Besides it is close to where I work,so it won't be out of the way to drop it off. Thanks again guys!