• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish trap yukon or guide?

cgorman

If you just want it for yourself i think the guide would be ok. it wount be very roomy but it will make up for that with mobility and heating. If you will every bo going with someone else i would get the youkon. if hauling it is not an issue I would go with the youkon

I would definitely go with the yukon. You can never have enough room. It is also well built and relatively light. Make a decision quick while you get still get them on clearance before they are gone.

yes you can have too much room, a few years back I bought the eskimo grand caravan, too have room for the family. The old house did not fits all of us, now I do most of my fishing alone, wife and daughter do not go. So now I have this huge house which I do not use any more, because its too big. By the way its up for trade in the classifieds.

But I would go with the yukon also.

Depends on what you plan to do. The guide will fit you just fine. If you fish with more then one person the yukon would be better. If you must pull either one any distance, the guide is what you want. The last thing you want to do is buy a shelter and not go fishing because it is to much work to do alone. Seen that happen way to much. remember the weight includes all your equipment. The auger really adds a lot of weight when pulling. The new guide does not have a very comfortable seating situation (bench seat). But dont get caught up in the extra size of the yukon as a need. IT is nice, but not necessary for one to two people. My buddy is 6'3 and the two of use fit just fine in the guide.

In my opinion the guide is more than enough if you're fishing alone, and even with 2 guys it's fine. I've fished with 2 6'+ tall guys in a guide many times, and even though it can get a little cramped it's not bad. Like everyone else said though, it depends on how you plan on using it. Portability was important for me.

I have a Yukon and love it. I fish most of the time by myself or with my boy. The reason for the Yukon is that it sits higher off the ice than the Guide. I am not tall, but the last thing that I want stopping me from fishing is cramped legs. If you use it by yourself, you can remove the second seat. I leave mine in all the time and pull it around by myself. There are times when it is a chore and times when its easy. Just depends on the conditions. It also allows you to stand up more to put your coat on too. I think that you will be pleased with the Yukon.

cgorman, I'm 5'11", 240#!! I say...Go with the Yukon!! I can stand upright and stretch (but not with my arms overhead) and I'm very comfortable in my house. I've spent over 6 hours straight(pre beer/ serious fishing) and not had a problem. As I stated in another posting, the Yukon is a GREAT house, but it can be a bear to tote out by hand, esp in soft snow. It has a steep angle on the front of the sled, so I load my heavy stuff to the rear to overcome this fault. Otherwise...I love it!! Phred52

I have owned the Guide for four years now and really like it due to it being fairly light. I am able to lift it into my truck by myself with ease. With that said, I would gladly trade my Guide for a Yukon. I think that the extra room would be wonderful. With the end of the year sales that are going on right now, you could get a heck of a deal on the Yukon.