• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vintage Rides?

CrappieAttitude

Any of you ever go back into time and take part of any vintage snowmobile rides? My father in law has been collecting and restoring old Arctic Cats for the past 5 years. If you ever get an opportunity to attend one, these rides are a blast.

Tomorrow we will be running 4 of them in the Jacobson Vintage ride. This is a pretty small scale ride in the middle of nowhere, but it draws a very diverse crowd. This will be my 3rd year attending and it amazes me every year on how clean a lot of those old sleds run. Anyone else share the hobby of restoring and running old school snowmobiles?

CA

I have a 68 Ski-Doo Olympic. I love putzing around on that sled. We had 2 of them when I was a youngster so it kind of brings back some sweet memories for me.

I even have the black and yellow, one piece snowmobile suit and the yellow TNT helmet that I wear when riding it. It's a TON of fun.

I have a 68 Ski-Doo Olympic. I love putzing around on that sled. We had 2 of them when I was a youngster so it kind of brings back some sweet memories for me.

I even have the black and yellow, one piece snowmobile suit and the yellow TNT helmet that I wear when riding it. It's a TON of fun.

Maybe they have been posted already....but I think this calls for some pics!!!!

I was just at my FILs tis weekend, and he was talking about making some more room in his machine shed, and wanting to get rid of a couple sleds. I went out and looked at them.

One is a Massey Ferguson 440 Whirlwind , that I believe was made by Scorpion, similar to the Scorpion Whip. Not sure of the vintage of it. Its in kind of rough shape, but it appears everything is straight and there. The seat has been eaten off by a dog, but I would guess that would not be a big problem to replace.

The other sled, is a early vintage 80s Arctic Cat Pantera 5000 FA. This sled was last licensed in 1981, and has 1104 actual miles on it. Although dirty, it appears to be in very good shape for its age. There is one small piece of vinyl missing in the seat, up on the corner of the right side near the back. I was thinking that that one would probably come home with me, if I could come up with some sort of value that I could pay him.

Anybody have any ideas about the market value of these sleds?