Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter 3815

pic on front page on nascar.com

10 posts in this topic

that was a great day at in nascar history.even tho it ended under caution.wish the man in black was still racing.

It has not been the same since and never will be.

No other could could draw the crowds and race like Dale. Yes, if you saw Dale in your rear view mirror, you knew you had issues.

The man could flat out drive.

The man could flat out drive.

....right into the guy in front of him. The end result was a guy in the wall and dale takes the checker. Some how Darrel gets a bad rap for this and SR. is a god? IMO it was split 50/50 between the guys that would come to the track to cheer when he won and the guys that would boo when he won.

One of Sr.'s greatest quotes went something along the lines of, I don't care if there cheering or booing as long as there making noise!

Yes, I knew this would come up. The man could still flat out outrace almost all out on the track.

He could not help if the other dudes were so slow.

I have no idea about the 50/50 split but I do know that when Sr passed, NASCAR did lose a GOD. Those were the words of many on TV.

Airjer was just joshing. The man is black was a thriller. Everyone wants to be as popular as Sr but that will be a tough bill to fill.