• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Catfish Tackle Discussion

MinnesnowtaWild

I also use the Epixor Bait Feeder size 50. I actually have two of these units for flatheads and love them!! They have held up great against some nice sized flats. For my smaller channel rods, and even on my sturgeon rod, I have the Avenger Bait Feeders in I beleive size 30. On both of the 50's I have 80lb power pro spooled and on the smaller channel and sturgeon set ups I have them spooled up with 50lb power pro. The only time I was worried about getting spooled was when I hooked into a 63" sturgeon up on the rainy last year. So I think that line capacity is just fine on all of them.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an avenger size 50.

You will want the bait feeder option, for the extra few bucks it's worth it to be flexible for when you're live-baiting for flatties. I keep mine locked down if I have cutbait out on a circle hook though.

I like the look of the regular Avenger better than the Bait Feeder but that must be a nice feature to have and also there is a better sized model for my needs (ABF50>AV-55).

Also looked at the Quantum Olympus OL60F today at Gander Mountain and I love the big round handle on it but seems a bit "cheap". Does Bob have the Avenger Bait Feeder reels at his shop? I would really like to see and feel one before I buy it off of CC or possibly from Bob.

I have an avenger size 50.

You will want the bait feeder option, for the extra few bucks it's worth it to be flexible for when you're live-baiting for flatties. I keep mine locked down if I have cutbait out on a circle hook though.

Yeah this will mostly be used for circle hooks with Channels and Carp but I will definitely use it for Flatheads occasionally if I bring someone along who isn't properly equipped or if I want to give my 6600C4 a rest.

The salt strikers are Epixors with Cabelas name on them. Still great reels, but a few bucks cheaper. That is actually what one of mine is, happened to come across it in the bargain cave. I took it apart and made sure that there wasn't anything terrible wrong with it and then asked the guy to drop the price again, and got a heck of a deal on it. Basically got another Epixor which is like $70 or so, for just under $30.

I have a Salina SAF-55 on a Catfish Safari rod from Bob from Moores. Its a nice setup, and can handle a load. The price is abit more for that reel, but when your holding it you can tell its nice quality.

Well I put my order into Catfish Connection tonight since I received my state tax return. I left out the P.O. number (just assuming this is for a PO box) and the req. numbers (hopefully not important). The order went through, now I just need to wait. Very excited to get this new reel as well so I can get it spooled up and ready to go on my Creekside rod.

My order was:

-Okuma Avenger ABF-50 Spinning reel

-Gamakatsu Octopus hooks 5/0 (6 pack x1)

-Gamakatsu Octopus hooks 9/0 (5 pack x1)

-Gamakatsu Octopus hooks 10/0 (5 pack x2)

-Gamakatsu Octopus Circle hooks 4/0 (6 pack x3)

-Gamakatsu Octopus Circle hooks 6/0 (6 pack x2)

-Gamakatsu Octupus Circle hooks 8/0 (25 pack)

-Gamakatsu Octopus Circle 4X hooks 7/0 (6 pack x1)

-Team Catfish Circle hooks 3/0 (5 pack x1)

-Team Catfish Circle hooks 5/0 (4 pack x3)

-Team Catfish Circle hooks 8/0 (3 pack x2)

-Eagle Claw Kahle hooks 7/0 (40 pack)

-Braided Line cutter

How long does CC usually take to receive? I'm just hoping before April 1st, but I have plenty of gear anyways so not a huge deal if not. This is just to add to my collection, as most of these hooks I already own I just want to stock up. I'll add to my sinker collection when I visit Bob next.

Feels like Christmas!!! And only cost me $100.