Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
threerivers

who's your pick for Daytona?

32 posts in this topic

At work today we picked cars for Daytona.I was first pick, and on wim I went with the #5. I got home to watch the races I thougt I'd taped,I never put a tape in.I got to watch them on speed channel's rerun. It looks like the old boy still wants to race. It should fun to watch Sunday.

i didnt get a chance to watch the races yesturday i was fishing lotw.i think gordon has a pretty good shot.

Stewart or a HMS car. Yes, its all HMS. Now that is really picking 1 driver. I cannot narrow it down from there.

One cannot forget the Gibbs cars either.

I'd like to see Mark Martin finally get a Daytona but I can guarantee you kyle petty won't be in the winners circle! grin

Mark winning would be great. I have to believe all would be as ahppy as when Sr won this race.

He has a very good chance with his fast car and the team he is on.

A Mark Martin win would be cool. I'll go out on a bit of a limb and say the 31. New sponsor and great looking car.

Yahoo has the picked driver percentages. Top scores on as of friday

Jimmy Johnson 48%

Dale Jr. 80%

Bobby Labonte 52%

I'd give up a Stewart win to see Martin win this 500! grin

Not worth a separate thread, but what's with Ricky Carmichael in the #4 truck?

Does the guy have to live all the motorsport fantasies? laugh

I'd love to see the old man win to, Otherwise I'd like (hope)to see the 24 get one with maybe the 48 pushing him grin those guys need to come in behind someone else once in a while.

It might be a jinx but As long as it isnt the rat (or his punk brother) I'll be happy.

It could be the rat. The big issue with the rat winning is he will need a team mate as I don't believe anyone would help push him to a win.

My pick would have to be Carl Edwards. I think the Daytona is gonna be the start to his Championship year.

Wanderer, isnt that something about Ricky #4 in the truck series. He absolutley has it made

Quote:
The big issue with the rat winning is he will need a team mate as I don't believe anyone would help push him to a win.

But, if you have position on a car and you are fast they will push, nobody want to be shuffled to the back, after trying to pull out and pass a faster car.

My pick is #24 (no surprise) but actually he has a fast car that can push and he has the skill on this type of track to make his way to the front.

Looks like Kenseth flew under the prediction radar and got the win. It would have been nice if the race finished under green with everyone scrambling to the finish instead of the rain stopping it but oh well. I bet Sadler is asking himself why the caution couldn't have come out just a few moments earlier.

Wow that's a big payday for the 17. I think that was Jack Rousch first Daytona 500. I hate it when they end that way. There's always next week.

Seriously?... we don't have a Dale Jr Wrecks field thread yet?

LOL!

I started one and then thought I didn't need the headache.

Sifty

jr wreck was on purpose. dirty driving. kenseth got win served on silver plate just like his championship. never seen the super bowl, world series or nba championship cut short.