• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Mike

Central Bassman

Hey Mitch,

Yep, we made it out in January, the snow was not too impressive this year, they had said that they picked up 4 feet of snow the weekend before we went, if that was the case, I'm glad I wasn't there before that weekend, still quiet a few stumps and rocks showing when we were out there.

Still had fun, we brought a rookie with, he was huggin' trees but we had to be carful, you could get bucked off your sled out there pretty easy with all the tracks and ruts that were put down from others. He had a rented sled so we didn't want to do too much damage.

There were some Canadians there that must have been part of the Thunderstruck crew, looks like they were more into partying than riding in the conditions that were out there, they had a stereo system in the back of that enclosed trailer like I have never heard before, they sure like to have fun!

I've been meaning to post up some pics to the '08 - '09 post but just got my pics loaded to my photobucket account. I'll try to put them up there soon, probably this weekend.

I'm hoping that they pick up a TON more snow out there in Feb and March otherwise I'll be second guessing if I go back out this year.

Mike

There were some Canadians there that must have been part of the Thunderstruck crew, looks like they were more into partying than riding in the conditions that were out there, they had a stereo system in the back of that enclosed trailer like I have never heard before, they sure like to have fun!

Mike-

You could be right about the Thunderstruck guys cause i talked to a guy on Snowest that rides for them and they where going there in January. I have heard really mix reviews on the snow in Cook this year. My crew is leaving sunday for the big horns again. A few buddys just got back from Togwotee but i haven't talked to them yet.

Colorado seems to have some of the best snow this year smilesmile

Are you going with to the Big Horns Mitch, if so, when are you coming back so we can hound you for some pics? grin I haven't been on Snowest's site for a while now, just too many other things going on this month, looks like Colorado is doing pretty well though and I was watching the forecast and it looks like all this week Colorado has a good chance of snow...... MAN am I bummed out, Feb. is a good time to go and I CAN'T !! If you happen to see any reports from Buffalo Pass, look for the tower readings or pictures, last year they were at 13 feet when we were there..... awesome stuff!

Hemi, yes, I do have some pics, I'll try to post them under the '08 - '09 thread here this morning, I didn't take too many this time around, the snow didn't give us too much action plus we had some cloudy mornings that kept us in the trees.

Mike

I don't know if that makes my day or ruins my day knowing I'm working instead of being there! crazy

According to the national weather service their chances of adding to the snow pack is very good for the next couple days.......... now I am bummed!

THANKS !

Mike

Mitch, did your crew report back in from the Big Horns?

I saw those pictures on Snowest, I see Dave posted those, he owns the motel we stayed at, if they can keep that snow for a bit longer, we might be headed that way, if they lose it, we will have to eye up Cooke instead. We're not sure on a date yet but a few guys still want to go.

Mike