• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ok with out knowing

LOTWSvirgin

In all honesty I don't even care, it sounds like the use was so widespread that if you weren't using steroids you were falling behind in the game. With the competative nature and pressure to preform that the players are under the temptation to "up" your game is great. Baseball isn't much about brute strength or physical condition as it is skill and knowledge, neither of which steriods help. Although being stronger and faster is a great assest.

That said, the guys who didn't take steriods in the "steroids era" are true class acts in my book.

I wonder why there is so much media bias against steroids in baseball.

EVERYONE was roided up in the NFL and its just accepted...

Guys like Shawn Merriman were busted and then no one says another word about it. His image is not tarnished one bit!

Infact Merriman worked as an NFL TV analyst this season (due to injury)!!!!

Would any station ever hire McGwire to commentary? NO

TERRY BRADSHAW admitted he used steroids during the STEELERs superbowl years in the 70s and it was forgotten the next minute.

This double standard in sports is a joke and its sickening to me.

I would also say that roids is a bigger advantage in football than in baseball. Brute strength and speed is the biggest part of success in the NFL. Whereas I would think that hand eye coordination/ball control is the most important attribute in baseball.

Sled, you hit the nail on the head there. I don't care how roided up a player is, they still have to put the bat on a 99 MPH fastball.

And if it is proven that Albert Pujols isn't on the juice, he is by far the best in the modern era not on the juice. If Pujols had been given a full career, and started in the bigs at age 18, he would be the all time HR leader.

what are you saying? That a person can't have a nagging injury and come back from it without roids? I wouldn't be shocked if it came out that anyone did steroids but that is an odd assumption....How about Griffey Jr...Who thinks he has taken roids? I will say he is one player I think is clean and always has been clean......

I would hope that Kirby Puckett was not on the juice. That would ruin lots Twins baseball memories.

I am thinking that Pujols is on roids no questions asked. If he is not, then he is a freak of nature. He doesn't even look proportional, almost cartoonish.

I am betting most mulitple all-stars throughout the era were on some kind of performance enhancing drug. It was the culture, it was accepted by most in the game and even the players union encouraged it's usage. Pretty safe to say anyone worth a hoot has at least tried it. Who knows though.

Not only that the Roids make it easier to get the bat on the ball. they help you concentrate. And that explains the ridiculous number gains the cheaters have produced.

You guys can kid yourselves all you want but there AIN'T no legal supplements at the Vitamin store that do anything close to what Anabolic Steroids.

Baseball had it's best years thanks to steroids. America fell in love with the game again thanks to McGwire and Sammy Sosa.

I say let bygones be bygones from the pretest era and move forward.

Windy. Is the 85 NFL season tainted in your opinion?

Not only that the Roids make it easier to get the bat on the ball. they help you concentrate.

I guess I should have been taking roids during college. It would have helped me concentrate during thermal dynamics class.