• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mankato repair shops

I grew up in a small town with a trusted mechanic, and when i break down i'll put my vehicle on a trailer to get there. I haven't found anything in mankato that even comes close to the good ol' small town service!

for example.

Aamco in river hills mall. To rebuild my transmission was 900 in labor and total cost of $2100! wow. Brought it to my hometown mechanic whom rebuilt for $600, parts and labor! Pretty unreal!

Aamco in river hills mall. To rebuild my transmission was 900 in labor and total cost of $2100! wow. Brought it to my hometown mechanic whom rebuilt for $600, parts and labor! Pretty unreal!

Yet you think nothing of spending 7 or 8 bucks on a burger plus beverage knowing full well you can by a pound of beef for 3 dollars? Pretty unreal!

Huh????????????

Originally Posted By: TruthWalleyes

Yet you think nothing of spending 7 or 8 bucks on a burger plus beverage knowing full well you can by a pound of beef for 3 dollars? Pretty unreal!

The aamco people have way more over head, more employees, More advertising, more franchise fees but offer more convenience, minimal turn around, an a much more generous warranty coverage on there repairs. All that comes at a price. The home town guy doesn't have a whole lot invested in the above, You have to load the vehicle, haul it, wait, find somebody to drive you back so you can pick you up. They both do the same repair but they are two different types of services.

What I'm saying is I can go to a burger joint and spend 7 or 8 dollars on a burger knowing full well that there is about 60 cents worth of beef in it. I pay that much to get the whole package, service, quick turn around, the extras, and no clean up. So comparing a small town one man operation to a franchised in town operation is irrelevant.

I get asked all the time If our prices are reasonable. I give the same response every time. We are competitive in our area. If you're looking for cheap you can drive 70 miles one way in any direction and you'll get the repairs done for half. If you don't want to drive that far and you like having the convenience and perks we offer than we would love to have you as a customer!