Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chillincarp870

mankato repair shops

9 posts in this topic

hey does anyone know of a trustworthy repair shop in or near mankato?? and Reasonably priced. i need to get my fuel pump fixed. thanks guys

auto tronics is pretty good or if your willing come to Nicollet and have it done at Embachers there really nice ppl and will stand behind everything they do and have a decent shop rate

Try Millers Modern Garage, 970 E Madison Ave, very trustworthy, and honest, he will not screw you over.

I grew up in a small town with a trusted mechanic, and when i break down i'll put my vehicle on a trailer to get there. I haven't found anything in mankato that even comes close to the good ol' small town service!

for example.

Aamco in river hills mall. To rebuild my transmission was 900 in labor and total cost of $2100! wow. Brought it to my hometown mechanic whom rebuilt for $600, parts and labor! Pretty unreal!

Aamco in river hills mall. To rebuild my transmission was 900 in labor and total cost of $2100! wow. Brought it to my hometown mechanic whom rebuilt for $600, parts and labor! Pretty unreal!

Yet you think nothing of spending 7 or 8 bucks on a burger plus beverage knowing full well you can by a pound of beef for 3 dollars? Pretty unreal!

Hobbs Automotive in Lower North Mankato. I used to work with the gentleman at a dealership. He is a one man operation so he is very honest, his living depends on it! He rents a stall from Wheels Unlimited.

Huh????????????

Originally Posted By: TruthWalleyes

Yet you think nothing of spending 7 or 8 bucks on a burger plus beverage knowing full well you can by a pound of beef for 3 dollars? Pretty unreal!

The aamco people have way more over head, more employees, More advertising, more franchise fees but offer more convenience, minimal turn around, an a much more generous warranty coverage on there repairs. All that comes at a price. The home town guy doesn't have a whole lot invested in the above, You have to load the vehicle, haul it, wait, find somebody to drive you back so you can pick you up. They both do the same repair but they are two different types of services.

What I'm saying is I can go to a burger joint and spend 7 or 8 dollars on a burger knowing full well that there is about 60 cents worth of beef in it. I pay that much to get the whole package, service, quick turn around, the extras, and no clean up. So comparing a small town one man operation to a franchised in town operation is irrelevant.

I get asked all the time If our prices are reasonable. I give the same response every time. We are competitive in our area. If you're looking for cheap you can drive 70 miles one way in any direction and you'll get the repairs done for half. If you don't want to drive that far and you like having the convenience and perks we offer than we would love to have you as a customer!

i take all my stuff to country side desiel between st.peter and nicollet. IMO do the best work and stand behind everything. embachers do good work also for a fair price. cant go wrong either way