• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5 Years in a Row!!!

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that don't know, it's the JD Powers and Assoc. "Best in Customer Satisfaction" award. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm NOT going to try and force anyone in to thinking that my Cat (or a Cat) is the BEST boat out there. I think that, but that's my personal opinion, and I will recommend them as ONE OF THE best boats. However BassCat is THE best company out there. Absolutely fabulous people who care about each and every person that owns a boat. Glad to be part of "the family"!

I rode in Deitz's last year. Very nice boat to fish from. Very nice ride, smooth and really fast. However, I like the way it fished even better. The boat sits level and really controls nice with the bowmount. Being a high-sided aluminum guy myself, I didn't know what to do with myself running the trolling motor. I would say that I needed to make 75% less correction in course with that boat than an aluminum. And, most bass glass boats are that way.

Someday, maybe even I will mature enough to justify a bass/glass boat. But, that's a big maybe.

Sled,

I will take a crack at this one as I also have the GREAT pleasure of owning a Bass Cat!!!!!! I have joked on here before that mine is a little better then Deitz's because I have an ETEC and NOT a merc. (just having a little fun with the merc guys)

Fit and Finish is a huge part of any fiberglass boat and Cat is not lacking in this area but here is a what impresses me SO MUCH about my Cat.

1. NO PLASTIC!!!!! Take a look at most boats and they are covered in plastic. Plastic dash, plastic holders, plastic parts every where. Nothing but Fiberglass on a Cat. Things don't come undone like they have on other boats that I have owned.

2. Bass Cat has this crazy idea that if they put a screw into something they put epoxy on it also. OR if they use a bolt, it gets this little crazy thing called a NUT put on the back side of it.

3. I don't have any loose ends on my carpet or around my seals on my compartments. Everything is tight and fits exactly rather then "close enough."

Bottom line for me as a Cat owner, nothing and I mean nothing rattles loose or comes apart. It is the little things for me.

I have owned other brands and really enjoyed them and feel they are good brands with a good product but Cat is just a little better in my opinion. All brands that offer a "high" end boat are making good to great products. In my humble opinion. But after owning a Bass Cat it all comes down to the little things for me.

Too bad they don't have "Walleye" Cats. I have seen them in person and if I had to have a bass boat, Basscat would be for me.

Just take out the bass chairs and put in a couch, beer fridge, rod holder, and kicker motor.....and there ya go!

what sets these boats apart from boats like rangers, nitros and such?

fit n finish?

Sled- I can only relate my feel with the company.

A few years back I have looked into upgrading my boat. I had a chance to ride in Flukers P4... Floor lay out is great, the way the boat is made is great. BassCat was the first boat to have a full glass stringer system, and the first boat that had a lifetime warrenty. Customer satisfaction isnt easy these days.. but I bought into it..

So again, this is my story!!!!

I bought a used boat.. it was a 2007 Puma.. I found it in Ohio.. Drove out there and bought it. Brought it home... Called an registered it, for the lifetime warrenty. Within the day I was called by Scott, head of the parts dept... Welcoming me to the family.. asked me if I had any questions.. I did.. and he answered all... The very next day.. Rick Pierce called.. The CEO of the company.. Welcoming me to the family... I BOUGHT A USED BOAT!!! I again had questions, all were answered..

In my life, I have owned an innertube(it was a great innertube!!!) a Bluefin Spectrum, again, twas a good boat, a Champion 180, a Triton 186... All have been very good boat.. But I have never been callled by the company..nobody have ever checked up on me.. I have never felt more a part of a family before, and again, BassCat is not a sponsor of me.. Although, I would love to be a part of it..

dont think Ive ever seen one before

Ok, so now you have seen one, just not in person.. Tell you what Sleddie, you make a date work for both of us, and I will bring the cat up and you and your boy can fish in it.. I want a piece of those smallies you and he catch... And I WILL SMILE when I catch one of them hogs.. LOL...

here is the Cat.... Meow!!!

IMG_0697.jpg