• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The most stupid thing ever said fishing, camping or around a fire?

Bottle Fish

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after a few brew ha's it started to rain not hard but just enough to make ya irratated so i asked what everyone was thinkin you think if we get the fire big enough it'll evaporate the rain before it hits us?

needless to say it doesn't but it does make the fire really HOT!

Lets put our shoes closer so they dry out! We all went back home barefoot. We were in HS and our folks thought it was pretty funny. Also, Lets just sleep under the stars and not put the tent up. About 3am the biggest Tstorm you ever saw sent us running for the picnic shelter. Which was probably good, we had catfish on every line still in the water. My senior yr we camped every Saturday night. It was great.

Sitting around the campfire a friend looked at his shoe and said" What is that on my shoe, looks like $h!T". Reached down with his finger and scraped off, smelled it said "smells like @h!t", put his finger in his mouth "tastes like @h!t".

Was actually chocolate.

Nice thread! I'm going to try that chocolate gag next time!

I got one...

It's getting late at a buddy's cabin and we're standing around the bonfire drinkin' ...his uncle goes "let's throw the lawn mower on the fire... I want to get rid of that thing."

"I'll take the gas cap off so the tank doesn't explode" he says... then him and his buddy do the heave-ho with the mower, gas comes out of the tank, hits his leg and starts it on fire! Luckily he was wearing good carhart pants and didn't get hurt, but he hit the ground real fast to do the stop drop and roll... I think someone may have ended up dumping a beer on his leg to put out the flames.

Not the brightest bulb on the tree.

After having two beautiful little girls for kids one and two, Dan and Kathy finally got pregnant with #3 - they were hoping for a boy this time to finish their 'duties'. Well, they found out their third child was indeed going to be another girl. Dan was happy, of course, but a teeny bit down.

Around the campfire that night on the opener, all the guys were drinking and sharing stories. Finally, feeling real good, Phil looks up at Dan and says, in his drunkin' drawl, 'What's the problem - aren't you getting it in there far enough?'. Of course we all stopped silent. Then burst out laughing - not all of us were laughing though.

Sure was funny. We still laugh about it today...

I have had some good times around the fire and cant remember them all with that great memory blocker alcohol. But I can think of 2 times that were kinda funny. One was when I went on a camping trip with my uncles and cousins when I was younger. We had a great time with good bonfires, but when we got back my uncles asked my parents if they knew they had a pyromaniac. My parents response was "Oh did we forget to tell you that". The other one was a couple of summers ago at the river one night when I had a few drinks and every one else went to bed. I found a empty Bombay Sapphire bottle, the big ones, and filled it part way with gas. Then I duck taped the cap back on and threw it in the fire. It took it a little to build up pressure but when it did, it just blew the cap off and made a huge fireball in the sky. Well needless to say all my uncles and parents got a rude awaking and all came out one after another asking me what the H@#& I was doing and got yelled at a little.

Sitting around the campfire a friend looked at his shoe and said" What is that on my shoe, looks like $h!T". Reached down with his finger and scraped off, smelled it said "smells like @h!t", put his finger in his mouth "tastes like @h!t".

Was actually chocolate.

hahaha thats great. my favorite is "hey guys, what will happen if i throw this full spray paint can in the fire" as its in the air he tells us this.... run boys run!! shortly after we all took cover there is went. 100ft out in the woods

No funny quotes just some advice.

1. Don' throw a can of oven cleaner in a bonfire.

2. If you do throw oven cleaner in the fire don't park your car nearby.

3. If you do throw oven cleaner in the fire and park your car nearby, don't wait until the next day to clean it off...apparantly oven cleaner removes paint???

No funny quotes just some advice.

1. Don' throw a can of oven cleaner in a bonfire.

2. If you do throw oven cleaner in the fire don't park your car nearby.

3. If you do throw oven cleaner in the fire and park your car nearby, don't wait until the next day to clean it off...apparantly oven cleaner removes paint???

i think that is someone threw a can of oven cleaner in the fire near my vehicle i would be getting a new paint job for free grin

this post went from the most stupid things said around a fire to STUPIDEST things thrown into the fire

Can't agree more. Please NO MORE posts about stuff being thrown into fires. Non members can read these and might get some dumb ideas from the dumb thing's most of us have done. Very Dangerous. I'm sure some minors read this as well and no one wants to see someone get hurt.

On the other hand if it was something like the fire extinguisher post, something being said not done, I see no harm. I still laugh at that one.