• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The most stupid thing ever said fishing, camping or around a fire?

Bottle Fish

Sitting at a fire with a few friends and family and alot of Premiums. My step mom comes out of the house and say's "Can you guys turn down that fire?" NO joke without even thinking about it I say "Sure just let me look for the switch." She got mad and went back in the house while we all almost wet our pants laughing.

Seriously what kind of question is that? Its a fire they really don't come with a remote to turn them down.

Anyone else have a good one to share?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we were on a hunting trip and having a few beers around the camp fire a couple of local ride into our campsite on their wheelers. You can tell they are pretty stoned or something but we let them pull up a lawn chair and join us. One of them passes out head tipped back towards the moon and stars. He wakes up in a while still looking straight up and says "Man look at those wheeler lights coming down the road they look far out". Then he gets up and goes over to the firewood pile and takes a nap on top of it.

First thing I thought of was "hey guys watch this........"

Best one that's ever happened to us was staying at a USFS campground and a guy came from the other end of the campground and said "do you guys think you're the only ones here?"

I know its not terribly funny on face value, but you had to be there. It was maybe 10:30pm in the middle of the summer, cars were driving through the campground and everything and this guy decided to single us out and we were being pretty tame.

One of my friends good friends who is a bit of a burn out came out last minute to camp. After some beverages he only had his car to sleep in and asked... " Will I sufficate in my car if I sleep in it with the windows shut?" haha..this is still brought up all the time. He really is the king of stupid comments/questions. One time he was being serious when we were out to eat and asked, "Do you have to be 21 to eat beer battered shrimp?" laugh

We were up on Miltona last fall doing some musky fishing. Got set-up and had a few frosty's. Then this couple walks over to our fire and the guy starts rambling on. Well his wife no more than sat down on the picknic table when she lets out one of the loudest farts i've ever heard. She ask's....."I hope you guys didnt hear that??" I about tipped over from laughing. She immidietly gets up and walks off without saying another word. Its was kind of uncomfortable because we had no clue who these people were yet funny at the same time.

A few years ago my friend who has his trailer at a seasonal site at a resort told me about his campground neighbor. The man, would go from site to site in the evenings, visit with the negihbors and would always be a little better at whatever the topic was and earned the nickname "The [PoorWordUsage]'er". His female companion had earned the nickname "The moaner" becasue of her late night vocals. One day I was talking with my friends and commented that I hadn't seen the "[PoorWordUsage]'er or the Moaner" all day. Turns out they were outside the trailer and heard me and shot me a glare and went inside. (I'm no good at whispering).

Back in the day, right out of High school 2 buddies and I took a road, fishing trip out to Yellowstone. One night we were sitting around the camp fire having a few, and out of the darkness walks this very nice looking girl with short shorts, and halter top on who just sits down and starts talking to us! Every young mans Dream! grin We all were thinking, which one of us will get lucky tonight! laugh It all started out ok as we all talked about where we were from ect, ect. Then she started getting a little weird and talking about some roommate of hers that stolen her stereo and a bunch of other stuff and that she was going to learn Witch craft so she could cast a spell on her! After all that we couldn't seem to drink up enough courage to try anything with the psycho baby, and we told her we had to turn in for the night! cry Now lets hear how you guys would have handled that when you were 18!! Short of anything that you would have gone to prison for!!

I'll claim this comment for my own. We were sitting around a campfire in high school and I was going on and on about my old Mustang. Finally I turned to one of my buddies and said, "I think the worst problem with that car is that it seems to be burning gas."

I got laughed at for months for saying that one, of course I meant to say that I was smelling a gasoline leak but the beer gremlins changed my words around.

I'll claim this comment for my own. We were sitting around a campfire in high school and I was going on and on about my old Mustang. Finally I turned to one of my buddies and said, "I think the worst problem with that car is that it seems to be burning gas."

I got laughed at for months for saying that one, of course I meant to say that I was smelling a gasoline leak but the beer gremlins changed my words around.

It couldn't have been the beer. Beer always makes us really smart. I think I'm the smartest guy on the planet when I've had a few.

I have been on this site for a couple of years and I have to say beyond a doubt this is the best thread I have seen. Keep em comming and I will try to think of one of my own. The only problem is campfires and memory are sometimes two words that don't work to well together.

I have been on this site for a couple of years and I have to say beyond a doubt this is the best thread I have seen. Keep em comming and I will try to think of one of my own. The only problem is campfires and memory are sometimes two words that don't work to well together.

So true lol

We had just picked up all the dog doo-doo from the yard so we could have a clean walkway out back to the fire pit and my dad said to throw it on the fire. Of course he did even with my warning not too. What a stench! He was not happy when I said I told you so. It took a couple of bonfires to get it all burned up. Had to watch the fire from inside the house.

I've got a ton of good ones, but most are kinda fuzzy and wouldn't make sence......

Although this one sticks out.....

"Lets pick up that couch that Domeier (ME!) is passed out on and put it on the fire"

And

"Just a little more gas won't hurt." (Seconds before my buddy is doing the stop, drop, and roll and we are headed to the ER)