Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyehead

REVO STX????

18 posts in this topic

Anyone using the STX out there??? If so, do you like it???? I think I need to drop the hammer on this one. A new reel and a free pair of Wiley-X glasses sounds like to good a deal to pass up....

I have two of the STX and one of the STX Premier. I really like these reels. I haven't had any problems with mine and they are nice and compact and lightweight. I think that it is a heck of a deal that they have going on right now with the Wiley-X glasses.

I got an STX. I freakin' love it!

Even though I don't mess with them much, I prefer the magnetic adjustments to the weight system Shimano and others use on the secondary free-spool adjustment.

my buddy just bought one and really likes its! if you are thinking about it getting one i would go for it.

I just bought a winch tonight cant beat a free pair of shades I also have two stx great reals you wont be disapointed

I don't have the STXs, but I have two SX's (regular & HS). Very happy with them! Great value for the $ IMO.

I love the STXs, got two. Tried the premier, about the same to me.

I think pretty much any cataolg you order one from??? I ordered mine from cabela's....cant wait to get it.

Who is offering the glasses deal? I was looking at getting a pair and i could always use another Revo!

I beleive everyone who carries the revo style reel will be offerring the sunglasses deal. Purefishing usually sends their promotional stuff to every company that carries their product. They have a lot of promotional stuff going on throughout their whole product line including money back for buying their plastics, tools, line and some green bags to store gulp alive in if you buy X amount of green buckets...

Believe it or not I bought one last year for musky fishing. It worked great in two situations. First, for women and children who really have trouble with the bigger outfits. And second, for me! Because of the amount of musky fishing that I do, I really have trouble with the joints and muscles in my left arm. The "switch up" really helped me to cope on long days. And the Revo performed well. We didn't have any issues with it handling the muskies, and actually, it made for a better fight using the lighter gear. I used the Revo on the lighter Fenwick Techna. Actually, it burns those little bucktails pretty good. I'm sure you'll like it.

What glasses do you guys like the best??? I see you can order either the PT-17 or Slyde....I ordered the Slyde's, but kinda hard to tell which ones look and feel the best by looking at a picture of them.

I was going back and forth I went with the slyde but I think the p-17 are worth a little more $ right now.