• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X67 or M68C?

gonehunting

I have an x67c and realy like it. I do run into the interfearance with some other units. It fishes well with marcums and other x67's. But I had issues getting to close to a 522 on a hard bottom area. The good news is you can une out most interfearance, and with the graph or flasher option, you can change views to the one with the least amount of problems.

As far as the diff. between the x67 or the m68. I would save the $$$ and buy the x67. I have heard to many bad things about the m68. If you want a flasher/gps save your pennies and get a 522 down the road.

+1 to Neighbor_guy

The x67 is a nice unit for the price. The options to switch from the graph to flasher mode, adjust the color, and a digital depth-temperature reading is nice.

x67's fish perfect with a marcum. you will run into some issues with a vex. but as stated.. it may be tuned out.

The reason I asked the question is my brother purchased a M68C from a sporting goods retailer in Bismarck. It was originally $450.00. They had it marked down to $199.00 with full warranty. It was the ice machine model w/o the boat transducer. It had the the case, battery, iceducer, etc. It was a customer return who didn't care for it. I have seen it and it is in new condition. I have always been a fan of vex and marcum and was kind of concerned about him getting a Lowrance. It was his first flasher and I had no experience with them to give him advice on the purchase. I currently have an FL-20 that may be used along side of him. Thanks for all the advice.

The reason I asked the question is my brother purchased a M68C from a sporting goods retailer in Bismarck. It was originally $450.00. They had it marked down to $199.00 with full warranty. It was the ice machine model w/o the boat transducer. It had the the case, battery, iceducer, etc. It was a customer return who didn't care for it. I have seen it and it is in new condition. I have always been a fan of vex and marcum and was kind of concerned about him getting a Lowrance. It was his first flasher and I had no experience with them to give him advice on the purchase. I currently have an FL-20 that may be used along side of him. Thanks for all the advice.

For that price you can't go wrong even if you have trouble with the interference. As far as the interference goes every unit is different, you should be able to get it to a tollerable point by playing with the noise rejection on m68 and the Vex.

There are some basic setups that help the performance of the Lowrance (manual chart mode, ping speed, etc.).If you do a search you can find some really nice threads on this topic with detailed info. If you can send that info his way chances are he'll enjoy the m68 alot more and you may find yourself peaking over more at his screen rather than the Vex. smirk

I have an X67c and love it. I fish with two other buddies most of the time. One has a Marcum and the other a Hummingbird. I've not had that much interference and what I have had has been minimal. Truthfully I'm not even sure it was there units that caused it. I just set the noise rejection and other settings to high and it's all good. As some of the posters mentioned you can't get a better value. I purchased mine at a Metro shop last year. I had a transducer mounted to my boat this fall when I had it winterized and i can't wait to try it out this spring.

I own a 67 and have enjoyed it for 4-5 ice seasons.

I really believe the substrate you're fishing has everything to do with interference issues. I have fished nicely with all other units until I hit a hard rocky bottom and deep water. When bombing for lakers my unit is useless next to a Marcum; I can play fairly nice with a Vex.

Overall, I have most interference issues when around Marcums, however.