• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas Prices?

AaronM

If you can contract it out for a decent price I'd fill it up before summer.

Oil prices have been dropping so the refineries or opec decrease production, less profit in production thus supply decreases, prices stay low for awhile so demand goes up, which in turn will lead to price increases, eventually prices will hit a point again where where supply will have increased enough, higher profit margins, and demand hopefully dropped enough thus leading to a surplus in supply which will drive prices down again. It's really simple economics.

Oil is probably a great buy at 36 bucks, but the real question is when to dump it, and when you do where do you move the money without getting hit elsewhere. Just my 2 cents.

I work for a transportation company and we buy gas future contracts. Our current price for a 60 day future for diesel is $1.46. Longer contracts are still way under $2.00. Tax still need to be added to this price. Based on that look for gas prices to hover either at the current price of an average of $1.93 or creep up to just over $2.00 in the latter summer. Also, the new Washington administration isn't as likely to fire things up in the mid-east and that will have an impact on prices. But you never know who might do what to someone over there and everything could change.

We used to have a boat house that we kept it in. After it was taken out of there we moved it to our farm where it's been for the past few years. It hasn't been used in awhile, we cleaned it out last year and there wasn't rust but it had gotten pretty dirty in there. Hopefully with another cleaning it'll be good to go. When you buy gas in bulk like this, what additives you need to add to it?

I read they are supposedly building or are going to build a refinery somewhere in ND be ready for operation when they drill into the Williston basin oil field in the future. Does anyone know anything more about this?

there also getting ready to put one up here in southeastern SD. whatever, man.. as long as they leave my fish alone, and prices stay down, i dont care

i dont have alot of time for the oil companys. they will screw everyone over and make it so they cant afford to go anywhere just so they can have more money when they alreadly have more than i could dream about having.

Read a story in the paper that said that oil prices/barrel are based upon sweet Texas Crude and unfortunately we get none of our oil in MN from there. Canada is our primary source where the price/barrel is much higher as it is in the rest of the world.

Seems like there had always been a correlation before so not sure why it is divorced now.

I'm betting by Labor Day weekend we will be looking at $3.00/gal at least. And that is assuming there are no natural or man-made disasters to "justify" price hikes.