Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charliepete2

Wishing I was still bird hunting

8 posts in this topic

It's only been a month, and I'm already thinking about next season. Last weekend I reloaded 50#'s of #5's and I just ordered up a new e-collar. Anyone else still got the bug?

The bug never really leaves, i have to see my vest in the closet every time i go somewhere. If it wasn't for ice fishing i think i would go nuts thinking about the months till next season!

I've been seeing over 2000 mallards in a field every night on the way home every night. Man I'd love to find a field like that around here in the fall. I'm not sure where they have been staying but maybe the river has some open water somewhere.

Opps, just realized that this is in the upland forum, but birds are birds...my lab doesn't care.

I agree RylFlsh...the bug never leaves, and thank goodness for ice fishing to take the edge off a bit. I can't wait for spring to get here and listen to the grouse drumming again. Hopefully I'll see some on the logs I left for them.

I know what your feeling. I'm going to try and at least get the dog in the woods this weekend. Call it shed hunting I guess.

In another month or two it'll be spring dog training season. That's what I'm looking forward to. If I can work it right I may try fall hunt tests and go for Senior Hunter.

Be carefull what you wish for, we train for trials every weekend. Get to shoot Pheasants year round. You could too.