• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable with kids?

Bottle Fish

Well I bought a Guide and took it for its maiden voyage this weekend. My son was with mom so I really gave it a test. Parked at the landing and walked out about a mile with no problems at all. Very lite and easy to pull alone. Vex worked great and the fish cooperated. Really nice day for a long walk as well. Now all I need is a SM, after 15+ inches with a hand auger it is #1 priority now till next season. Anyone know where I could get one relatively cheap please let me know.

Thanks for everyone's input on this matter. It certainly helped in my decision.

My buddy has a eskimo quick flip 2 and he and his boy fish out of it just fine. he's never pulled without a wheeler though so I dont know about the pulling part. I had a eskimo quick flip 3 and I've pulled a few times, it was ok for short distances with snow cover, however on ice alone very easy as anything would be I guess. Runnings has an add this week in hutch and the quick flip 3 is on sale for 300.00 thats a good price.

I have an Eskimo Lodge - suit case type (If your suit case folds open to 10 ft x 10 ft. I love it for the grand kids, ages 2 and 6, because of the full floor and the hinged hole covers.

But I hate it for the pull. I built a sled for it out of PVC and plywood, but it is still REALLY heavy to pull around.