Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
olbaidhh

2nd Dump Truck Falls Through Ice In Minnesota

2nd Dump Truck Falls Through Ice In Minnesota

MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (AP)

The latest incident was Monday afternoon when a 10,000-pound dump truck loaded with 7,000 pounds of sand sank into Fish Lake in Maple Grove.

For the second time this year, a dump truck has fallen through through the ice on a Henepin County lake.

The latest incident was Monday afternoon when a 10,000-pound dump truck loaded with 7,000 pounds of sand sank into Fish Lake in Maple Grove.

It was working on a shoreline improvement project when it apparently hit a spot on the ice that had been weakened by a natural spring.

The driver told sheriff's deputies that he was briefly underwater, but pulled himself onto the ice and walked to shore.

On Wednesday, the truck was pulled out of about 30 feet of water.

The first truck went through the ice on Lake Minnetonka on Jan. 27. It was towed out of the lake shortly afterward.

The Hennepin County sheriff's office warns residents that the recent warm days have weakened the ice on lakes and ponds and made them more dangerous.

Yeah, if my boss told me to deliver 7,000 pounds of sand in a 10,000 lbs truck now on this ice, I would have to ask for a desk job for awhile.

I like how they say it was a shoreline improvement project. Another manicured lawn up to the sugar sand beach.?

Glad the driver is ok. I wonder how the company insurence is gonna take that claim. Or is the home owner gonna get a hike in his job cost.

I like how they say it was a shoreline improvement project. Another manicured lawn up to the sugar sand beach.?

Glad the driver is ok. I wonder how the company insurence is gonna take that claim. Or is the home owner gonna get a hike in his job cost.

Ya crazy cept the sugar sand is artificial sick

we used to deliver rip rap rock all the time to shorelines with a dump truck, most of the lakehomes its the only access you can get is by ice. you can get insurance coverage for a business if the vehicle has to be used on the lake. most of the places are forced to improve the shoreline either by the d.n.r or lake associations to control erosion.

He's a very lucky guy. Not too many times a vehicle will drop like a rock like that and leave you under the water and the ice. You usually have ample amount of time to bail out.

Great 3 minute video on Kare 11 on this guy. I'd buy him a beer if I saw him at a bar. Sounds like he might have a story or 20 to tell.

Heavy equipment is driven on the ice in winter all the time. Every year we bid out an excavation project for city ponds for the winter. It's not all easy, but more often than not the vehicles are fine on the ice. Care is taken to check ice thickness and conditions, but the job has to get done!

I think this guy mite have been watching to much Ice Road Truckers! grin

Wanderer, right after I heard the guy was OK, my second thought was, huum nice sand hump out there now!! wink

I think this guy mite have been watching to much Ice Road Truckers! grin

Heck he could maybe make it now. Knows what the swim is like. I didn't like mine either.