Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
goose89

Lowrance Broadband Sounder - Anyone have any advice / experience??

I tied up too much $$ in a lcx38 and 112 last year to upgrade to the new and improved (supposedly) HDS models. I've experienced all the previously mentioned problems that we've all talked about recently, esp. loosing bottom in weeds. I've also tried different "upgrades" in the software without much success.

Has anyone out there used the seperate Broadband Sounder on their "older" lcx models with any success. If so, did it clear up the issues, esp. reading bottom in weeds?? Was it worth the hefty price?? Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I did not.

I do not know of anyone that bought the sounder as a add on.

I did recently purchase a new HDS 5 with built in broadband sounder.

Had it out on the ice one time so far.

It read depth easily shooting thru 2' of ice.

Nice crystal clear display with a great new menu system.

GPS fix was very fast as well.

So far, so good! smile

You might want to just get the HDS-5 to run your ducer and network that. Unless your getting a deal on either broadband unit, it would only be a hundred more for just the head unit of the HDS-5 vs. the bbs-1. I'm assuming you can network the sonar screen to an lcx unit? Maybe not.

Quote:
I'm assuming you can network the sonar screen to an lcx unit?

Yes you can, lots of networking options.

The transducer and power connections on the HDS are the same as the LMS & LCX units. smile

They did however change the face plates, gimbal brackets and knobs.

I'll ask once more. Anyone buy / use one or ever thought of getting one?? Please don't tell me I'm the only on with $4K stuck in "old" (LMS/LCX) units that would like better results without ponying up for the new HDSs.

Info is pretty, and most is open / deep water fisherman on different sites. Looking for some inland / shallow lake reviews / experiences. Thanks again.

I purchaced one a couple of weeks ago, I'll let you know when the ice goes away. I purchased lms-520c last year and didn't want to purchase the 2009 units, since the 520 works great. I figured if Lowrance thought it would be good to have in all the models, I might as well add it to my setup. It was a little pricy to add all the cables to get it to work with 520 and 27c, but I didn't have to sell off the 520.

John

Thanks Haack.

Hoping you're ice is gone soon. Keep in touch. I'll keep my eyes open for your "review." I watch this forum pretty closely. Thanks again.