• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's getting a new boat?

JohnMickish

I love my 2000 Lund Rebel 16' and hope it lasts forever! The new boats are much more heavy (I don't need a 50HP on my 16' boat thank you!). I have been looking for a replacement for my Rebel but the new boats are too heavy. I want a light boat for towing purposes (tow behind small truck) with a floor, livewell, some storage and there are not too many options.

I wish I could get a new one every year but I got one last year. A Crestliner 1700 superhawk with a 70lb thrust bowe mounted minnkota, a bowe mounted locator, and a console mounted lowrance 522c Thought about buying a new lowrance for the console and putting the console one on the bowe. But the truck needs replacing more than a year old locator.

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
LOL, And I bet you go a lot farther on a gallon of gas.. LOL

So does a Prius, but I ain't trading my Sequoia in grin

LOL @ RW... True, I'm not much of a Prius guy myself!!! How about you just concede and just fish with me some day... Then we tie. LOL

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich
LOL, And I bet you go a lot farther on a gallon of gas.. LOL

So does a Prius, but I ain't trading my Sequoia in grin

LOL @ RW... True, I'm not much of a Prius guy myself!!! How about you just concede and just fish with me some day... Then we tie. LOL

I'd settle for a buzz around the lake in your Bass Cat, but some fishing wouldn't bother me, either smile

I plan on buying a boat this summer...I would do it now but the savings needs to be used for a down payment on a home. For all this to come together I need to find a permanent job first. My job is done in May unless I get offered a permanent position, which is probably less than a 50/50 chance.