Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnMickish

Who's getting a new boat?

50 posts in this topic

Who is going to be getting a new (or new to them) boat this year?

I saw a thread like this on a different site and it was fun to follow.

ya i got a new one last yr lots of $$$$$

but whata going to do

2095DCX Yar Craft here 150 e tec

80# terrova on mine does a nice job i use it alot on winnie

even in fairly ruff water

First year in 7 that I've actually seen the prices come down from the previous year. Fun to be in the industry again!

i got a new "2010 lund preditor" last year and just traded for a new one, same year 2008 but no hours i rackd a few up on mine last year

I got a new Lund 1750 Fisherman last fall, w/115 Merc EFI 4 on it. Can't wait to get it on the water, hoping to get to the river in the next couple of weeks. With the industry in a bit af a slump I think I got a very fair price.

I got mine last year (used 2003 YarCraft 1895 Storm). Thanks again for posting photos

I love my 2000 Lund Rebel 16' and hope it lasts forever! The new boats are much more heavy (I don't need a 50HP on my 16' boat thank you!). I have been looking for a replacement for my Rebel but the new boats are too heavy. I want a light boat for towing purposes (tow behind small truck) with a floor, livewell, some storage and there are not too many options.

I wish I could get a new one every year but I got one last year. A Crestliner 1700 superhawk with a 70lb thrust bowe mounted minnkota, a bowe mounted locator, and a console mounted lowrance 522c Thought about buying a new lowrance for the console and putting the console one on the bowe. But the truck needs replacing more than a year old locator.

I am pulling the wrap off my boat this spring, so it will LOOK like a new boat.. LOL.. Does that count?

Depends what the prize is, or how deep the water is.. LOL, And I bet you go a lot farther on a gallon of gas.. LOL

LOL, And I bet you go a lot farther on a gallon of gas.. LOL

So does a Prius, but I ain't trading my Sequoia in grin

Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich

LOL @ RW... True, I'm not much of a Prius guy myself!!! How about you just concede and just fish with me some day... Then we tie. LOL

Originally Posted By: Ralph Wiggum
Originally Posted By: Deitz Dittrich

LOL @ RW... True, I'm not much of a Prius guy myself!!! How about you just concede and just fish with me some day... Then we tie. LOL

I'd settle for a buzz around the lake in your Bass Cat, but some fishing wouldn't bother me, either smile

A bass guy and a cat guy. I guess both those fish are bottom feeders.

I was thinking along the same lines Harvey. Does anyone think that Deitz is going to let someone prepare cut bait ot stink bait in that pretty new boat? smile

A bass guy and a cat guy. I guess both those fish are bottom feeders. wink

Acutally, I bass fish quite a bit. Catfishing has been a fairly recent endeavor for me. I enjoy both!

I plan on buying a boat this summer...I would do it now but the savings needs to be used for a down payment on a home. For all this to come together I need to find a permanent job first. My job is done in May unless I get offered a permanent position, which is probably less than a 50/50 chance.

RW is far to clean cut to be 100% ca t guy.. Most of them cat guys look pretty rough around the edges.. LOL