Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tom_w

Lake Calhoun/Harriet?

5 posts in this topic

I am a novice ice fisherman. I have caught two small perch in two trips to Calhoun this year. Can anyone offer me some sort of tip? I am headed back there tonight. I may set up in 15-20' on the west side again where I see all the houses.

It'd be very cool to catch ONE walleye.

Feel free to send me a message from http://www.it-tom.com/contact.php

Otherwise I will explore my way around and perhaps get lucky, which is half the fun anyways.

Exploration is key. Those lakes are notoriously difficult.

I usually go to Harriet, as it has fewer places for them to hide. Use the clear water to your advantage. If you get a walleye it will be a great night...

has anyone had trouble with ice houses on the city lakes after dark? I know they'll ticket cars in the park lots after dark - will they come out to check houses?

Those lakes are notoriously difficult.

Well, that's not encouraging. I will have to muddle through. I never have enough time to drive out anywhere else.

Not meaning to be discouraging, as there are some fish in there. But these aren't lakes for those who don't want to put the time and effort into figuring them out.

Most people are very tight lipped about their own hot spots, so you will likely have to find them yourself.

Try the metro forums, and do some searches. You will find a lot of really good info.