Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhino__14

Jason Mitchell Rods

17 posts in this topic

Forgot all of my rods on the lake last weekend so I am in search of some new equipment. I have used the Dave Genz Gold Series rods and really liked them but I have also heard a lot of great things about the Jason Mitchell Combos. I will be getting 2 crappie/panfish combos and 2 walleye combos and wondering what people think about the Jason Mitchell combos for those needs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

The Jason Mitchell Meatstick continues to be the most versatile rod in my arsenal. I've used it for anything from finicky Gills to monster Northern. Great all around rod. Pair it with a tip-down for the ultimate in sensitivity on a deadstick. Just take care of the tip in transport as I've heard more than a few people have broken the tip right off. Great rods IMO.

I TOO HAVE HAD GREAT LUCK WITH THESE RODS, I PAIR MINE UP WITH TICA REELS, ITS ONE SWEET COMBO. I DONT THINK YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED

They do make a great rod at a great price.

Good prices on these rods at the sporting goods store in Walker. Fast shipping. Not sure I can say the name in this forum.

Reeds? There I said it. I don't think anyone has a problem supporting a local store. Heck, I am from Nebraska and give more business to Reeds than any of my local stores.

just got the spring bobber and like it. Lots of places have them on sale if you can find them. Got mine at GM as a combo for $34.

I have Jason Mitchell walleye, perch, spring bobber, and meatstick rods. IMO they are the best bang for your buck. High quality rods at a price a working class slob can afford.

I'll admit that after I got the meatsticks, I stopped using the spring bobber rod. Who needs a spring bobber when you have a meat stick??? As stated, be very careful with the meatstick tip. I put a chunk of 1 1/4" PVC pipe in my rod bag and put the meatstick inside that for transport.

I ended up going with the following combos from the store mentioned before:

Crappie

1 Dave Genz Gold Series 27UL - $18.00

1 Jason Mitchell Spring Bobber 24 - $24.00

Walleye

1 Jason Mitchell 26ML - $24.00

1 Jason Mitchell 28MS - $24.00

I think I made out pretty good for $90.00 and free shipping. Now the next task is to give the new boys some names.

Thanks again.

Rhino

That must have been one heck of a sale to pick up Mitchell combo's for that pric. They usually run at $49.00 each.

I picked up a 26" Perch combo today, I paid $39 for it, then left it on the roof of my Jeep and it managed to stay there the whole way from Mankato to New Ulm....I think it likes me!

I need to rest tomorrow and watch the 500. Chapter PF banquet in about 10 minutes.

Hopefully I'll bring home another gun.