• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cats at night on the river

south_metro_fish

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sand falling in the river, maybe a beaver slapping its tail and I have also seen many coon playing along the banks and swimming in the water. Onvce in awhile, a deer or two will stop by for a drink.

One never knows what around or making noise. Maybe Sasquatch was close by. wink

I really like the sound of the water itslef as it moves. Those coyotes are eerie when they're close. The owls are great but the whip-poor-will is my favorite. Theres one sound I wish I knew what it was....sounds kinda like a "horse winnie". I'm sure its some kind of bird. Then you got the bugs. Anybody hear the "clicker" bug?..Fooled me more than once! Ah..hear comes the train smile

I'm startin to Jones.

Yes that is for sure a beaver slapping its tail. Normally there are two of them, and thats them communicating with each other. I'm superstitious and the beavers where I do a lot of my fishing are my good luck. It seems like every time one of them swim past me I caught a fish or at least get to hear my clickers scream.

more then likely they were on shore, but then again maybe not. The first time i saw the two i was talking about they were pounding there tail in the middle of the river. I couldn't see them till they got about ten yards in front of me. It also helped that i had the spot light dead on them.

I have had trees fall in within eyesight twice in the last two years. Both were over 100 feet tall and 3 feet in diameter or bigger.

The sound of a tree giving way and falling into the river will send shockwaves of fear down the spine of anyone.......!!!!!!!

The beavers smacking their tail will get you attention......but a tree splitting down the middle 50 yards from you will make you have to change your shorts......

I fish the mankato area and that noise you hear is probably the 40+lb(4-5Ft long) beaver that hangs out around there....this beaver leaped off a 10ft. banking into the water and scared the S$$$T out of me sitting alone by the river...it sounded like a human jumping in the river..it also has its mate close by but they seem to not mind the shore fisherman as he usually swims within yards of me from shore and never slaps its tail (yet).