• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

angler and spearer using same hole--not legal?

Jameson

I think your on to something Merkman.

from page 8 of the fishing regs.

Quote:
• A party is defined as a group of two or more persons:

– angling from a single watercraft; or

– if not in a watercraft, maintaining unaided visual and vocal contact

with each other. The total number of fish possessed by the party

may not exceed the combined limits of the numbers of the party.

Each party member may transport only an individual limit of fish.

from page 55

Quote:
• Party fishing does not apply while spearing.

"Party" seems to have a different definition when we are talking party-hunting or party-fishing. Evidently for fishing the only thing about being in the same fishing "party" is your fish taken into possesion, not your means of getting your fish. Unlike hunting.

page 72 of hunting regs

Quote:
PARTY HUNTING

• A “party” is defined as any group of two or more licensed deer hunters

who are all afield; hunting together at the same time; ...

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and first hand experiences.

BnS: boredom, extra energy, just always wanted to, because I think it will draw in the fish, trying for a world record number of decoys down a hole, to keep the kids entertained...

For whats it worth...I was spearing yesterday with one decoy sucker down and one wood decoy down. Wasn't seeing anything and decided to put two more wood decoys down. So that makes one decoy sucker and three wood decoys. About five minutes later I had a pike approach the hole from the side I had the fake decoys on. It was intent on the sucker, though. I had to jig the sucker once to get the pike to come into the hole. When it slid into the hole it slid right in amongst the three wood decoys. I speared the pike there, put it outside on the ice, got back to spearing without having to touch my lines. None got tangled, or rattle reels reeled. Went the rest of the day with the four lines down(no hooks), kept seeing fish for the rest of the day.