• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre retires..........again!

Nate McVey

Maybe he doesn't care what everyone thinks and just wanted to play the game as long as he felt like a team wanted him and he had a good chance at winning. Maybe I have already caught my biggest fish but I do it cause I like fishing. Many of these sports guys are probably the same, but everyone tells them they need to quit while on top. How would you like it if you just had the best fishing trip of your life and everyone said you should quit. I think the ones that "stay to long" do it because they love the game and the competition.

So how does this effect his options now that he's claiming retirement. Maybe he is truly done this time BUT if he decides to "un-retire", can he sign with a team without penalty to his new team or the Jets? Speculation on this will make for an interesting off-season now. I think he'd play for the Vikes if the opportunity exists.

Quote:
One step closer to being a Viking~~~~~

Good post JeffB and Nice AVATAR Shiner.....LOL!

JeffB, I agree with some of what you posted, but my beef is with how he went about it. The Packers gave him a chance to compete for his job (once he came out of his tear filled retirement speech). Up until that point the job was still his. That is where my issue comes from. I don't want to start a huge thread like the one we had when he "retired" the first time, but had he said "I want to keep playing, just not as a Packer.", IMHO, it would have been much easier to swallow.

Pierbridge, I'm glad you like the Avatar............

IF he decides to return, he will "ask" for a release. I doubt the Jets will grant it, and he will stay retired. I am half certain he is done, and half certain he will come back.

Yes, I am trying to be funny, yet serious at the same time about the half/half scenario. Him and Ozzy Osbourne and Michael Jordan are going to go out on the re-retirement sucks tour this summer.

I was informed today (by the Vikings fans that I work with) that he now holds another record...............most retirements! grin

I hope he is done for good so he can return to Lambeau, have his jersey retired and spend the rest of his life hunting and fishing and enjoying the hall of fame.

Man, sorry about being late getting in on this, but I had to do a 12 hour shift on the John Madden suicide watch, he's still with is though I am happy to say.

I think Favre will ruin his reputation more if he un-retires again. He's been milking this retirement stuff for 4 or 5 years now. He should come back as an assistant coach or something

I like JeffB's thoughts on the matter. His career is his own business, even though fans like to roar and thump their chests and talk about his place in "history," whatever that means. He's still a better quarterback than a bunch of starters in the league, and there's no doubt he could benefit the right team for another coupla years.

Shiner, just how long DO you have to use that darn avatar, anyway? Makes me shiver just thinking about it. gringrin