• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota noodlers

tom_w

I think it's high time that Minnesota started a noodling club.

I think the Minnesota river would be a great place to do it. Plus we don't have all the poisonous snakes.

I just read that it is illegal here. Perhaps we'll have to start lobbying for legislation to allow noodling. Perhaps we can have one noodling day per year.

Saw that documentary on TV last night.

The minnesota river flatheads tend to spawn in burrows they make in the cut bank side of bends and other deeper water areas. Plus the river is still moving pretty good most of the spawning season......and the rest of the year for that matter.

Too much current and too much depth is a bad combination for noodling.

Good luck to all who dare.

no way will i be doing that in the MN River,way to much current and too many DEEP holes!

Exactly what I was thinking... if you wanna jump in the Minnesota River and root around, you've obviously never been on the Minnesota River. No thanks.

Actually the red river between Texas and Ok. flowage wise is simular to the Mn.When flooding which happens after most any rain its the Mn flooded 10X over.When at normal stage noodlin is goin on for those who do it.ITS SPOOKIE!

Course I'm upstream from most here.but down there is close to the red only smaller scale.

Where would you set your beer? No thanks, I have been in the water several times. Sometimes on purpose, some times not. The current and snag piles under water is way to risky. Not only that but I dont like sticking my hands in spots that I dont know what is there. I too will just stick with kicking back in the boat, rod in the rod holder, drinking my beverage of choice, and shooting the b s with friends.

We'll have to have a designated beer holder...

I wouldn't consider diving under a snag with a swift current. I would consider a shallower, slower area where a catfish may lie.

Perhaps the river up here won't hold catfish in noodle-friendly holes like they do down south.

I think noodling would be great to do with someone who knows what they're doing. BUT I dont know any of them and the Minnesota is a scary beast with snags and dropoffs.

I've seen a show with girls that noodle in bikinis. I forget what they call themselves but it shouldn't be hard to find online