Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moparmarv

nice day to ride

3 posts in this topic

when I got home from work today I thought I should start my bike and leave it run for a wile it was so nice out so i went for a short ride it felt sooooooo good to ride again

I was all amped up for a short ride but unfortunately all this darn snow we got up north here yesterday evening really stinks. Sure took the wind out of my sails on hoping for an early riding season. frown

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• wear a good balaclava and get a open face with a cold weather breath box never had a problem
    • In my opinion I would look for a nice used wingmaster 2 of my friends have bought a new 870 express about a year apart and they both had the same shell extraction problems. Maybe just a fluke but when I see two different people have the same problem with a Gun makes me think to find a different choice. Heck I have a Mossberg 500 that I treat like poop and I have never had one single malfunction.   I have shot my friends newer express and I can really tell the difference in quality beside my wingmaster  
    • I have Ice Kings.  They are in a word, awesome.  They are about 20-25 years old. Dang I hate dating myself but I have never even bought new liners for these boots.  They are probably one of the finest products I won.  I have never had so much as a chill i my feet.  I usually fish outside but if I am in a flip over, my feet are usually on the ice.  Again, never a chill.  I typically wear a midnight smart wool sock.   For some reason I have been considering new boots.  I guess it is the weight, I would love to have something that is not s heavy and also has better traction.   Today I visited Joe's Sporting Goods and saw some really nice boots (they have a great selection) by Muck, Lacrosse, Sorel, Baffin and some other Canadian made boot that looked very nice. I checked out the ice Kings........they are not the same boot as I have, they don't seem to have the quality to me.  They might be as warm but the rubber feels more stiff almost like it would crack, the uppers are solid leather, mine are leather and corder combo.  The liner also seemed thinner.   After looking at all the boots, I am surprised none offer water proof uppers. Also I am not entirely certain why some seem extend up to your knee with insulation.  Just seems like Over kill because most who would where these boots owed also have some sort of insulated pant on.  Overall I found the boots to be pretty heavy, I was surprised with 20 years past boots have not advanced more.
    • But will be missed but most.............you mad bro?    
    • You boxed yourself.   He was not supporting the Vikings stadium, he was saying that Republicans supported it and now are feigning outrage over the cook subsidy. And then not to be outdone the Republicans are now celebrating the Carrier subsidy.   Pretty much just reinforced his point.      
    • Think we should change the topic to "Trump for Trees."........and all will be well.
    • Had to go all the way back to Missouri to hunt in the snow this year! Beautiful morning but not much movement. Did see some late rut activity Friday.
    • Dotch, you guys over there are almost famous....   Almost because it is Waseca, but whatever.    Mark Seeley's weather blog... http://blog-weathertalk.extension.umn.edu/   .... Waseca now reports 54.13 inches of precipitation for 2016 and this is a new statewide annual precipitation record, surpassing the old one of 53.52" at St Francis (Anoka County) in 1991.
      ....   And an interesting thought...(from Mark, not me) Commentary on Winter TIME: No question will be answered this week, but I want to take TIME to make a comment about Winter TIME. Managing the TIME in the Winter Season in Minnesota is a different ball game than other seasons of the year, because everything takes longer. No question winter will be felt more frequently soon in the daily weather, and snowfalls will become more frequent this month. The rash of bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular accidents reported during the snow storms towards the end of November reminded me about adjusting for Winter TIME. Our concept of time needs to be adjusted. Lengthen the time intervals that you have intuitively built-into your everyday habits and tasks. It takes longer to walk places, longer to drive places, longer to dress and undress, longer to warm up the car, longer to degomble (shed snow) when you come into the house. You need to make time to shovel snow, scrape the windshield, clean the furnace filters, When you walk take shorter steps and not too fast...put the boots, gloves and hat on when you go outside....check on the neighbor if their place hasn't been shoveled...everything should slow down..except for the long Minnesota goodbye..that is better shortened...just say goodbye, open the door, leave and close the door behind you....no need to stand in an open doorway for minutes conversing about last minute stuff. Winter TIME is an adjustment that may save you anxiety, regret, or even injury.
    • Would you use a bobber on your rattle reel with these? I would think a lively minnow would pull the line out of the contacts.
    • My my, how the mighty have fallen...  I went back to the thread on the cook subsidy, and what did I find in the second post from you, on the second page....     Gee, you were ok with the 66 million because it wasn't a stadium or something, but now all butt hurt over 7 million of Indiana money?    Now that there is a funny joke.  
  • Our Sponsors