• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strike Master to the rescue!!!!!

chuckwagon

Wow guys i didnt mean to start up and auger war!!! I was just giving a little bump to stike master! I personaly like both. The jiffy does have a sweet sound to it ... but just got the strike master on a one time good deal through a guy. As long as it puts a hole in the hard stuff to make a fish come out out of it!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped in last friday to get my throttle cable fixed and Cy and the crew got er done fast. Not only that I asked them to hop it and WOW! even with old blades that thing barks. great service and at a great price. I pound out about 100-150 most days that I go and this thing rides in the back of the otter sled and gets torchered and just keeps on running. I snapped the throttle cable by being a moron. enough said.

Jiffy- are we popping corn now?

I don't care to argue the product itself. That's been beaten to death.

However, I've been having issues with my Strike-lite's plastic flighting getting frozen with slush much of the winter. I know that's been discussed here as well. I called SM and went up there tonight. They swapped my strikelite drill out with a new 8" lazer. The fact they stand behind their products has made me a life long customer.

ya, idk about the plastic on the strike lite. I have a sm 224 and I like that, havent had any trouble with it. although I would like the 224 drill assembly with the ice gator! that would be slick! for the strike lite i would rather have the extra couple pounds than have plastic fluting

i have owned my jiffy for 12 years with no problems and it will beat any "real deal" worthless strikemaster

The "older" Jiffy's like yours and older can not even be compared to the newer ones, theres a difference. I guess a mans mouth, is only as big as his auger...

Personally I have a 8" S/M lazer Mag which is the only power auger I've owned. I chose it because of there cukstomer service reputation and dealer location. I could just of well as went the Jiffy route. I'm real satisfied with my descion.

To each his own opinion for whatever reason. I realize alot of the discussion is with tongue in cheek but can go on to infinety.As does the Vex. vs Macum debate with still each person having his own opinions.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Strikemaster has very good customer service. Kudos to them. I've owned them all and they are good augers.

Let's keep this on topic please.

To me having a power auger is awesome, i'd take either Jiffy or Strikemaster, but prefer Strikemaster because they rotate clockwise and work for my earth power head which resembles and eskimo to a T. After biting the bullet and getting a lazer bit, i'll never use anything else, this thing cuts through 27 inches of ice in 6 seconds which is 1/4 of the time my chipper was doing.

I own a strike master here, love it !! Never tried any other power auger tho.... My auger took a fall one day, brought it into the big lake store and guy says gemme.... next thing ya know, new handles, new throttle cable, alan wrench, and blades but had to pay for the blades. They treat their customers great. Keep up the great work s/m!!!