• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strike Master to the rescue!!!!!

chuckwagon

Just wated to give a nod to the guys at strike master in Big Lake! Since the begining of the hard water season I have been having engine and auger problems with my 2.0 lazer mag. It would not run well and when drilling holes it would not cut the ice smooth and would jerk all over. I called up to the Big Lake store and figured I would let them do there tune up on it to get it back running good again. The next day they called and said the some of the 07 modles had auger issues so they asked witch size auger I would like it replaced with .... so I had an 8 inch and they gave a me a 10 inch for no charge. Then he went on to say Tecumseh motors had tried to lower there engine emissions so much that they were having truble with running right. So after everything was all said and done I got an 10 inch upgraded auger and a factory tune up for no charge at all! I couldnt be more impressed with the sevice from them, and after all nothing was under warrenty anymore! I would reccemend anyone that has a Strike Master with problems to give them a shout!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I bought a trikemaster. They have great service and are 10 mintutes from my house, not on a different continent.

sounds like a nils rip.....lol... there but they do have a parts center in the usa .......but i don't know where

strike masters also take a long time to warm up with a jiffy start her up and let her rip

Forgot to add that

Thxs

No way do they cut better. They rip your arms off when you cut with them. Twice as many chips. Oh and a little ding to the blade and they wont cut.

Jiffy still pulls ahead once again smile

I think we are lucky as there are alot of good manufacturers of ice augers available to us.

Even though my current auger isnt causing me any problems, my next auger will be an Ice Gator, man those things are sweet! No fumes, no noise, no hard starting, no warm up.

Originally Posted By: hunt&fish89
strike masters also take a long time to warm up with a jiffy start her up and let her rip

Forgot to add that

Thxs

No way do they cut better. They rip your arms off when you cut with them. Twice as many chips. Oh and a little ding to the blade and they wont cut.

Jiffy still pulls ahead once again smile

wouldn't an 8inch hole drilled by a strikemaster have the same amount of chips as an 8inch hole drilled by a jiffy?

wouldn't an 8inch hole drilled by a strikemaster have the same amount of chips as an 8inch hole drilled by a jiffy?

Had to laugh at that one. LOL.

I had a strikemaster that my dad passed onto me when he no longer needed it. I used it for a couple years, and I think with a good tuneup it would still be going strong. That thing is at least 25 years old. Kudos for SM for offering good service, I've heard the same story over and over from tons of people.