• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rick Clunn running aluminum

RK

Hiya -

Just read a real interesting deal from Rick Clunn. He's going to be running an 18' aluminum boat with a 150hp for the Classic, and some other events this season. He has a pretty interesting essay on his HSOforum about his decision. Well worth tracking it down to check out.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I know i can bounce my tin can of a boat off more stuff and not even be able to tell. i can see why they would do it when a few of the waters the pros are fishing this year are predicted to be won in the backwaters. makes perfect sense to me you can get those river pros anywere.

dont forget these guys are more than likey gettin these boats

for nothing just to endorse them

you see in roach in a glass boat probably never will either

money still talks

i paid over 35 k for a glass boat but if some one said here you can have this new lund..crestliner and i'll give you one every year or every other i'd give 500$ a month payments

might fish alittle less on windy days

Yeah it sounds like some of the guys really want to get deep into the lumber for that tourney, and others still want there glass boats so they can make a good run somewhere else if the bite isnt working for them in the woods. It will be an interesting event, and I can't wait to see what happens.

A guy I know that lives up near Kenora fished some Stren Series events over the last few years down south out of 20 foot Crestliner. He said he took a lot of ribbing, but he's an awfully good hook. The boat don't make the fisherman, just makes him a little more comfortable.

3 cheers for us aluminum dinosaurs!

Side note: This guy won the Sturgeon Bay Open last year on Lake Michigan. First place was a Z19. The aluminum boat doesn't see the water as much anymore.

lol, good point Ray. Just look at how many tournaments are won by a couple guys fishing out of a john boat with a livewell in it. I agree that some guys seem to get a little caught up in the image of things, but most the guys out there a pretty good fishermen. It also seems like the guys who do fish out of older boats and start to do win a few, switch to more flashy rigs. Hard work pays off either way, IMHO.

Tonka you have to get out on the back waters in a river pro they can get anywere and it was a very good ride out in the main channel to. It was probably one of the funnest boat rides of my life. When I was out in one we blew past a john boat with a pro drive in about 2-3 inches of water. I would say the pros that run a jet drive especially in the classic are smart men

I have almost always ran a jet in the last 10 yrs....there are a few styles and I did post a link on the rainylake board about my boat...once you have a big jet for most fish (can be ok for bass - all depends on design) it is hard to ever go back....also SOOO MUCH FUN to drive. Check out this link... http://www.hellscanyonmarine.com/hcm/video.html and click on one of the videos to give you an idea of how a nice river jet can be FUN!