• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid Weather!

Well, I'm free tomorrow and Thurs and I don't know what to do. Thought about hitting the little ponds in Ritchfield to see if they can be fished without needing a boat! Is anyone going to venture out to even see what anyplace is like? The weekend is out for me, too many things I HAVE to do. Ugh, got sick at the worst time this year, lost 2 whole good weeks. Best laid plans...

Im not sure about during the week but I know this weekend is out for me aswell. Gettin all the preperations done up to have some folks over for Daytona. 42" plazma is all shined up, HDMI is in place, 1000 watts of surround sound commin out of the samsung home theater system. Gentlemen Start your engines!!!!!!!!

Been a fan for long time. It has lost some of its bang over the last few years. I used to watch it on espn and like every 1/2 hour 40 mins you would have to watch a motor oil commercial or beer commercial for 3 mins. Now ever 8 mins you see a 3 tampon commercials, the swifer starter kit ( baby come back!!!)and previews for the oprah winfree show for 15 mins. Then a (quick check of the weather) Finally, "were back at daytona international speedway and the clean up is just begining for the latest 12 car pile up on the front stretch. Lets take a break while we clean the track".

Mom, do you ever feel........ not so fresh????

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Got out today on one of the little ponds. About 2 inches of water atop 15 inches of solid ice. Tiny perch were all I could find for the most part. The usual spots held nothing and as the weather started to change, the soanr went blank, no matter where I went or how many holes I popped. My elbows are sore from all the auger use! lol Next year it's a Nils with the offset handle for this boy. I like my Strikemaster but fell for the Nils so... I'm adding them to my list of targets (Tim and DC). Working on my plans now and if all goes right, next year will be very interesting for members of "the crew".

Look at it this way, the snow ice really needed this warm weather to get rid of it and pack it tighter to make a longer late ice. Plus it's sending all that great new warmer oxygen water into the shallows to draw the bait and fish in to hold them there longer now. smile

Thunder you may have to head to higher ground. Was out on Oneida off of Lewis point yesterday and not much chage in conditions. But that was before the wind and rain. Probably all of the snow is gone and a skating rink now is in place. Nice for walking but a little wind means fun and frolic chasing ice shelters around wink.

Oh, by the way, probably was the worst day I have had on the ice. Shouldn't really say that since any day on the ice is a good day. Anyways, I was one in a group of five. One buddy had 2 eyes and missed 2, another had 1 and missed 1, another missed 1 and the other had 1 perch and not even a big one at that. In addition, most of the guys marked at least some fish although they would't hit. As far as I was concerned, never even marked a single fish! Nada, zippo, zilch, nothing. Not a single walleye,perch, bass, ling or even a gizzard shad or a chubby darter smile lit up my screen. As much as I enjoy fishing it did get somewhat depressing. We all kind of figured that with the approaching front the fishing would be good. Left the ice around 11:00.

I was off of Lewis as well yesterday...same for me.

I marked a total of 3 fish and not a one would bite. The 2 guys about 50 yds away, landed 5 Waldos and a Borubot while I was there. Man...not even a short my way. Oh well, I left the ice around 9:30am, because I knew that if it didn't happen at first light, it wasn't going to happen when the sun came out mad